The Kendrick Lamar x Reebok Ventilator offers a comfortable and supportive fit. It is available in men’s sizing. With a low-top profile, it allows unrestricted ankle motion for better movement. Also, it has an upper crafted with premium nubuck material that offers decent foot breathability and comfort.
Running-shoe inspired, this model looks clean yet classy with its off-white upper and classic gum outsole. A versatile colorway, this sneaker looks great with almost anything including chinos, denims, cargos, and cuffed joggers. It has red/blue accents on the heel, tongue, insole, and laces, though, added pizzazz to this shoe’s already attractive silhouette.
Aside from its controversial styling, this sneaker is also recognized for its Hexalite-infused sole unit and its ‘visible TPU support’.
The former is a honeycomb-inspired tech introduced in the year 1990. This durable cushioning system is known to absorb energy 23% more than the traditional EVA foam. The latter is found at the medial side of the sole and is renowned for its enhanced arch support.
The 1990s was Reebok’s golden age. It was during this era when the brand was able to come up with never-before-seen shoe designs and technologies that put them on the map. Among their famous creations was the runner dubbed as the Ventilator.
Lightweight, breathable and equipped with the brand’s revolutionary shock-absorbing Hexalite cushioning tech, the Ventilator easily caught the eye of serious runners. Its transition from sports to fashion was also an easy feat due to its versatile silhouette which allowed endless color blocking possibilities.
Over 25 years have passed and this performance turned lifestyle sneaker remains in production. A favorite subject of collaborations, Grammy award winner hip-hop artist Kendrick Lamar saw the Ventilator as a perfect tool to convey his advocacy.
The low-top Kendrick Lamar x Reebok Ventilator, the first sneaker launched by this famed artist, was released on July 2015. It carried with it Lamar’s call for native Los Angeles infamous gangs, the Bloods represented by the color red and the Crips who were known to wear blue-colored clothing, to unite.
- The Ventilator has always been known for its breathability. This iteration maintains this by keeping the perforations on the side panels.
- Its pigskin leather lining, cushioned insole as well as padded collar and tongue elevate the sneaker's in-shoe feel.
- The Kendrick Lamar x Reebok Ventilator comes with 2 extra sets of laces. The flat laces are off-white while the cord laces have specks of red and blue.
- Adjust fit to your liking with the help of the lace-up closure.
- The right shoe displays the word “RED” on the heel. Its insole, as well as the “Kendrick Lamar TDE” writing stitched on the tongue label, are all in red.
- The left shoe, on the one hand, shows the word “BLUE” on the heel. Its tongue label writing and insole are also in blue.
- The word “Neutral” is added to the back of the tongue of each shoe.
- Other noticeable markings on the sneaker are the Reebok callout embroidered on the lateral side and Hexalite insignia on the undersole.