DiscontinuedUpdate: Keen Venice II H2
For multi-day trips with a heavy pack. Manufacturers emphasize durability and support in the creation of backpacking boots. See backpacking boots
Designed for users who want to cover a greater distance by going fast, usually with a light pack. See speed hiking shoes.
Boots that grant insulation to the user during hikes. See winter hiking boots.
Mainly sandals. Aside from hiking they can be used for other purposes such as water activities. See multi-sport hiking sandals.
Good to know
Casual hikers can choose day hiking footwear or multi-sport sandals. More info here.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
Very well made – for the price, which really isn’t all that much – you are getting a very well made sandal
They look good enough to go anywhere whilst protecting your feet: the perfect solution for summer adventures.
- The hiking sandal has a non-marking, siped rubber outsole whose thin slits on the surface make it fairly grippy. It is also durable and resistant to abrasions.
- The CMEVA midsole and the EVA metatomical footbed work together to provide comfort and responsiveness. Moreover, the sandal is infused with an odor-controlling, pro-biotic technology—the Cleansport NXT.
- The upper features a polyester webbing which is both washable and quick to dry. Its design allows for maximum ventilation. Furthermore, the bungee lacing system maintains a snug fit and prevents uncomfortable sliding of the foot inside the sandal, especially on ascents and descents.
The Keen Venice H2 is a sandal for women. It comes in standard width. As for its length, Keen mentions that it runs a half size smaller. The closed-toe hiking sandal fits snugly. However, it provides sufficient space in the forefoot region to allow for natural splaying of toes. The bungee lace-up closure results in a comfortably close-fitting and a ripple-free fit.
The non-marking rubber on the outsole is razor siped to provide resistance against slipping. The thin slits across its surface render the rubber fairly grippy over muddy, slanting and wet surfaces. This feature maintains a strong foothold of the hiker over challenging grounds, thereby preventing slippage and reducing the risk of injury. The material is also durable and resistant to abrasions. The outsole extends to the front to form Keen’s patented toe bumper. It protects the forefoot against rocks and roots.
The midsole features the compression molded ethyl vinyl acetate (CMEVA) layer along with the metatomical footbed of reduced stiffness. The combination provides comfort, responsiveness and the needed flexibility to adapt to the natural foot shape and its movements. The midsole layer also has a TPU shank for stiffness. It protects the underfoot from obstacles such as rocks and protruded roots on trails.
Keen's metatomical footbed is anatomically designed to provide support. Built around the entire shape of the foot, it has an emphasis on the first metatarsal joint or the big toe.
The Keen Venice H2 uses a pro-biotic technology called Cleansport NXT. Integrated into the footbed to control odor, it involves microbes that lie dormant in the fibers of the product until activation. They are stimulated upon contact with an organic material (the sweat of the sandal wearer). These microbes work by reducing the material that produces odor.
The upper features a polyester webbing and hydrophobic mesh lining. The combo dries faster than nylon and renders the hiking sandal suitable in moist environments. Moreover, the V-Strap forefoot ensures the additional flow of air through the upper for keeping the foot comfortably cool and dry.
The bungee lacing system distributes the tension force in the upper instantly. This mechanism allows the laces to adjust with the upper and flex with the foot naturally. The heel loop facilitates wearing of the multi-sport sandal.
- The Venice H2 is made using materials free of perfluorinated chemicals. Being PFC free means that the production of this sandal is friendly to the environment.
- The brand notes that the sandal is machine washable. To clean the product, just use a little detergent. Set your washing machine on a gentle cycle. Then let it air dry.
- The term metatomical is a combination of the words metatarsal and anatomical.
- Lady hikers looking for other Keen sandals can check out the Whisper and Clearwater CNX.