- The Keen Rialto II H2 is a hiking sandal built for the adventurous whose escapades involve the cunningness of the trail and weather. This hiker, unlike its predecessor—the first Rialto H2—is engineered free of PFCs (PFCs are water-resistant chemicals that do not break down or degrade when released into the environment). The absence of PFCs in this sandal means it is an environment-friendly product.
- Making a comeback in this iteration is the original model’s extra cushy removable footbed. This time around, however, it is topped with soft microsuede which provides owners with even more comfort underfoot. It inherits the first edition’s supportiveness around the arch region, however.
- Another technology making a return in the Rialto II H2 is Cleansport NXT (also found in the Newport H2 and the Clearwater CNX by Keen). Its presence enables the sandal to combat odor on a micro level.
- This Keen hiking gear retains its predecessor’s toe rocker. Its inclusion allows for better push offs, thereby helping wearers perform smoother transitions on level surfaces.
A relatively true-to-size, multi-sport sandal for men is the Keen Rialto II H2. It is offered in D – standard width. It comes in a range of half and full sizes. For a more natural fit, Keen designers engineered it with a metatarsal ridge. A personalized and secure fit is courtesy of the footgear’s lockdown system.
The Rialto II H2 from Keen clings to a variety of outdoor surfaces with enough tenacity through its rubber outsole. The heavy-duty protrusions or lugs present all across its surface give hikers the ability to gain a secure footing over slippery terrain. Keen engineers built it with ridges that allow for improved maneuverability on ascents and descents. They also made it non-marking, so that it will not smudge indoor surfaces, such as tiles and hardwood floors.
This sandal uses a single-piece midsole to provide the foot with sufficient cushioning, shock absorption, and ground balance on the trail. It is made of polyurethane (PU), a material that is characterized by durability, lightness, and high resistance to abrasive elements.
Just atop this resilient component is the Keen Rialto II H2’s polyurethane footbed. An additional layer of comfort is offered by its chunkiness and microsuede lining. Its defined medial zone, on the other hand, provides enhanced arch support. Unlike the footbeds seen in most sandals, this insole is completely removable, and thus may be replaced with the user’s preferred aftermarket insert.
The shoe-like upper of the Rialto II H2 is made of fast-drying polyester webbing. It comes built with soft padding on the inside to give the foot a comfy enclosure. Protecting the forefoot from bumpy hazards on the trail is Keen.Protect—a toe guard technology exclusive to the brand. Doubling down on toe protection is the sturdy rand covering the immediate perimeter of the upper’s front end.
What locks in the foot in this Keen hiker are the sandal’s lace-lock bungee system and hook-and-loop heel strap, both of which are adjustable. What allows owners to slip into the footgear with ease, on the other hand, is the pull loop attached to the shoe’s tongue.
- For those who wish to be seen in something a bit more grounded, they may opt for Keen’s Rialto II instead. It is quite similar with the Rialto II H2 in overall design, except for its LWG-certified premium leather upper.