The Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter sways towards having a true to size fit, embellished and locked down using traditional or silky ribbon lace sets. Some preferred lacing up this sneaker to the third pair of eyelets, leaving the last set free, thereby revealing the branding on the tongue. You can purchase this sneaker at women’s sizes that extend from 5 to 11 US in medium width dimension.
Are you a modern-day Yoko Ono bride who loves unconventional styles and would instead slip on a pair of classic sneakers over flashy stilettos along with a wedding dress? Or a bridesmaid ferreting around for a comfy yet chic sneaker? Look no further than the low-top Champion Glitter from Keds and Kate Spade, a wedding –inspired sneaker that takes a reference to quintessential 1920s Champion shoe.
This shoe is outfitted with a whimsical, sparkly finish to give your feet a graceful glow on your wedding day, bridal shower, or any special affairs. Its shimmery white canvas façade looks immaculate with a white dress; the gold and silver appear regal with tea length skirts; while the other colored tones dressed in glittery veil oomph up any casual attire.
The lustrous upper punctuated by satin ribbon lace is matched with the traditional rubber sole that offers comfort to the feet. The radiant Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter low-top sneaker creates an alluring symmetry when paired with flimsy dresses, skirts, maxis, capris, and low-rise tapered jeans.
Keds and Kate Spade caused a stir when it set out its most dreamy and radiant creation to date, the Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter. Its head-turning iridescent cover has an entrancing effect that women consumers are enticed to grab one, two, or even more of their favorite colors. The amount of glimmer on this shoe is surprisingly not over the top which makes it a go-to style from casual to formal affairs. The cushioning on Champion Glitter partnered by its durable rubber sole are among Keds’ trademark secrets that further cement the comfort appeal of this classic remake.
Keds and Kate Spade New York, two brands that understand the essential styling needs of women, tied up to launch a pensive bridal collection that marries function and fashion most cleverly. Along with a sparkly entourage of sneakers under such dreamy capsule comprising of pearls, crystals, flowers, and metallic leather styling, such union brings forth their most glimmering creation as yet, the Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter.
The release of the Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter isn’t the first marriage of these two brands as they have been teaming up for a couple of years now. For this collaborative work, the lifestyle brands put back the most iconic classic Champion sneaker on the table for a captivating makeover.
Those who have been followers of the Keds sneakers would know that the Champion model isn’t a contemporary style but the enhanced version of Keds’ very first rubber-soled canvas sneaker or plimsoll. Originally called the Keds shoe, it’s the first ever athletic looking footwear exclusively made for the women’s feet, long before men could flaunt their Converse All Stars.
The tennis athletes during the 1920s gave this classic Keds shoe its regal name, “Shoe of the Champions,” which was eventually shortened by Keds as merely Champion. The film damsels of the 1940s to the 1960s were the ones who further propelled the popularity of this shoe. Among them who publicly wore Champion sneakers were Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, and Marilyn Monroe.
Over the years, the canvas exterior of the Champion Original became a heavily featured silhouette paired with all sorts of casual wear. This led to the creation of more styles for the Champion using different shades, materials, and textures, from traditional lace-up to slip-on. One of the boldest remakes of the classic profile is this wedding-inspired Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter low-top.
- The Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter comes in traditional shoelaces and bow laces with charming metal aglets.
- This sneaker has four pairs of metal eyelets.
- This flat sneaker is made of an almond closed-toe and 1.5-inch heel.
- Keds and Kate Spade New York branding are displayed on the tongue and heel part of the insole.
- When cleaning this shoe, simply spot wash, gently wipe with soft fabric, and leave it to dry away from direct sunlight.
- Other collaborative wedding-inspired designs crafted by the two lifestyle houses are Keds x Kate Spade New York Triple Decker Pearls, Keds x Kate Spade New York Triple Decker Crystals, and Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Leather.
- Another combined Champion sneaker project of the two lifestyle labels is the Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Laceless Linen. The name is suggestive of what consumers can expect to get from this casual shoe.
- Kate Spade New York is a lifestyle boutique that offers fresh yet classy handbags, clothing, swimwear, shoes, fashion accessories, fragrance, home décor, among others.