Experts are basketball players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
73 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
Not very good first impressions...
The traction is really nice but everything else is just... I don't know.
Drawing design cues from several MVP-winning shoes of His Airness himself, the Jordan Super.Fly MVP L brings the Michael Jordan nostalgia to new heights. It has a synthetic leather upper with a unique animal-skin-like texture. It also features full-length React and a multidirectional traction pattern.
Cushion. Just like many of the more recent releases from Nike and Jordan, the Super.Fly MVP L also features the innovative React cushion. This highly responsive material covers the full length of the shoe, ensuring a smooth ride.
Traction. The shoe’s multidirectional grip on the court is provided by the ripple-like patterns that cover the outsole. The ripples appear to originate from at six egg-shaped focal points: three small ones are at the forefoot, two are at the midfoot, and one big one is at the heel.
Length and Width. Reviewers say that the shoe is fairly true to size. They, however, warn that wearers may feel that the forefoot is a bit narrow, especially in their first few wears.
Lockdown. The shoe is made of materials that are described as stiff, so it’s a given that the shoe will be supportive. It has a pretty sturdy heel counter. This feature helps with stability especially during motion.
The upper of the Jordan Super.Fly MVP L is made of synthetic leather. This material provides not only comfort but also support. The inside of the shoe is lined with fabric in order to maximize the wearer’s experience of comfort.
Like the original Jordan Super.Fly MVP, the MVP L takes design cues from the shoes that Michael Jordan wore when he won his five NBA MVP titles. These shoes are the following:
- Air Jordan 3. Michael Jordan earned his first regular season MVP title in 1988. He wore the Air Jordan 3 that season.
- Air Jordan 6. Michael Jordan had only been in the league for seven years when he succeeded in leading the Bulls to their first championship. He wore a predominantly black version of the AJ 6 in some of his team’s final games against the Lakers.
- Air Jordan 7. The AJ 7 introduced the Huarache technology. It gained prominence as Michael Jordan broke the record for earning the most points within the first half of a postseason game.
- Air Jordan 11. Released in time for the 1995-1996 season, the Air Jordan 11 is the first basketball shoe to feature patent leather. It remains as one of the most popular Air Jordans among professional ballers. The Jordan Super.Fly MVP L’s lacing system is said to be particularly influenced by the AJ 11.
- Air Jordan 14. A shoe almost always makes history if it’s worn by someone as great as Michael Jordan. The fourteenth Air Jordan sneakers were instrumental in MJ’s execution of one of the most exciting game-winning shots of all time.
The luxury version of the Jordan Super.Fly MVP comes in the following colors:
- Black/White/University Red/Black
- Cement Grey/White/University Red/Black
- Phantom/Gum Yellow/Metallic Gold/Summit White