Who should buy the Jack Wolfskin Scrambler XT Texapore Low
The Jack Wolfskin Scrambler XT Texapore Low is a tough hiking shoe built for dry and wet conditions. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers toe protection and water protection.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides breathability and protection against external moisture.
Jack Wolfskin Scrambler XT Texapore Low notable features
- This hiking shoe is a comfortable approach shoe that is equipped with a robust Vibram sole suitable for Via Ferratas. Its durable sole comes with an EVA CONTROL PAD in the heel for optimal heel strike and a rock zone for climbing and scrambling.
- The Scrambler XT Texapore Low has a leather upper with an extended toe cap, and a waterproof, very breathable membrane lining the interior that protects the foot against external moisture.
Size and fit
The Scrambler XT Texapore by Jack Wolfskin is a low-top model built using a TPU lasting board that reduces torsional rigidity. It features a lace-to-toe construction with a long eyestay for precise lacing adjustment. The collar panel comes with double lacing eyelets to stabilize the midfoot. Furthermore, this hiking shoe has an upper made of leather so it conforms to the shape of the foot after some time of use.
Durable and grippy
Approach shoes require durable and grippy outsoles that can survive rough and challenging terrains. The Scrambler XT Texapore Low uses a trekking sole designed by Vibram exclusively for Jack Wolfskin.
Enhanced grip and traction on different surfaces
It has a rock zone for climbing and scrambling, and triangular lugs for enhanced grip and traction on different surfaces. This sole tread pattern is ideal for rocky terrains, including climbing routes found in the Alps and similar locations.
Delivers ample lightweight cushioning
This robust hiker from Jack Wolfskin uses a die-cut EVA midsole that delivers ample lightweight cushioning.
Provides stability on uneven ground and challenging terrain
A firmer type of EVA is used for this model to give the wearer stability on uneven ground and challenging terrain. It also features the Comfort Fit Prime - another brand-exclusive technology that consists of cushioning insole that enhances its comfort and support.
Provides extra protection against bumps and trail hazards
The Jack Wolfskin Scrambler XT Texapore Low features a rugged upper made of leather. The extended rubber toe cap provides extra protection against bumps and trail hazards and strengthens the upper. Lining the interior is a propriety waterproof membrane designed to keep the foot dry at all times.
Traditional lacing system
Completing the upper is a traditional lacing system that extends to the toe, promoting a secure and personalized fit around the midfoot and forefoot.
Nice to know
- This trekking shoe from Jack Wolfskin has been tested and approved by the mountain guides at the Alpine School Innsbruck. It is classified as a "B" hiking footwear which means it is suitable for trekking.
- This model also comes in a mid-top version that offers more coverage and support around the ankle.