For multi-day trips with a heavy pack. Manufacturers emphasize durability and support in the creation of backpacking boots. See backpacking boots
Designed for users who want to cover a greater distance by going fast, usually with a light pack. See speed hiking shoes.
Boots that grant insulation to the user during hikes. See winter hiking boots.
Mainly sandals. Aside from hiking they can be used for other purposes such as water activities. See multi-sport hiking sandals.
Good to know
Casual hikers can choose day hiking footwear or multi-sport sandals. More info here.
Shoes with a cuff that goes below the ankle. See low-cut hiking shoes.
Good to know
Generally, for trails that are easy to tackle, go with low-cut shoes. Go mid to high if there are more trail obstacles.
WeightMen: 15.7ozWomen: 13.2oz
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal, Wide
Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
[T]hey’re everything you’d expect in a mid hiking boot, and a little more.
- Jack Wolfskin Rocksand Texapore Mid is a multifunctional hiking cleat designed to accompany outdoorsy people in their countryside explorations. Its leather-and-textile upper delivers trail protection, and the Texapore membrane makes it weatherproof.
- Underfoot, this over-the-ankle offering comes with Jack Wolfskin-owned technologies. The Cushion Pad takes care of cushioning and comfort while the Wolf Cruise outsole grants grip on almost all types of terrain.
This lightweight product caters to men and women. It is offered in regular sizes and standard width. Generally, it runs true to size. Its closure system is a lace-up type that allows owners to customize the fit based on their liking.
This hiking cleat from Jack Wolfskin employs a Wolf Cruise outsole, a lightweight and flexible unit. It uses the brand-owned Multifunctional Grip System that includes a special lug pattern for multidirectional grip.
The Rocksand Texapore Mid carries the brand’s Cushion Pad, an EVA midsole. Ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA is known for delivering lightweight cushioning. It provides a decent amount of rigidity and support that results in enhanced trail performance.
The upper of this Jack Wolfskin hiking cleat is made of hardwearing suede leather and textile fabric. It has a Texapore membrane that takes care of its waterproofing and breathability. A Circular Active polyester lining is added to make it extra breathable and quick-drying.
Brand engineers designed the cleat with protective heel and toe caps to shield users against scrapes and bumps. Its tongue and collar are padded to grant comfort. Its lacing system uses four pairs of webbing loops and a set of speed hooks for fit management. With a pull tab at the heel, a more convenient on and off is possible.
In cleaning Jack Wolfskin cleats, the brand recommends the following tips:
- Remove the insole and the laces before commencing with the cleaning steps.
- Coarse dirt can be removed by placing the cleats under running water. Use a soft brush to remove stuck debris.
- The cleat’s interior can be cleaned using lukewarm water and a brush. Take note that Texapore-lined cleats should be cleaned with water only; do not wash it with soap.
- Let the cleats dry naturally. Do not expose them to extreme heat or prolonged sun exposure.
- Impregnation should be done once the cleats are completely dry.