Reviews from around the internet
- 100/100 by Beau Reviews
- 100/100 by Happy & Authentic
- 100/100 by Erik Thompson
- 100/100 by 25 Days of Gear
- 100/100 by This Is True
- 98/100 by Strawberry Elli
- 95/100 by The First 40 Miles
- 94/100 by Paul the Backpacker
- 92/100 by Tayler Nicole
- 91/100 by Ultra Mel & Jon
- 89/100 by Run Hike Asia
- 88/100 by Bonk Proof
- 85/100 by Wander Like Water
- 72/100 by The Medium
- 60/100 by Barefoot Woodscraft
Video reviews and unboxing
- The packable Z-Trek from Xero Shoes is a lightweight multi-sport sandal ready for different outdoor adventures. Its adjustable webbing strap, Velcro closure and sturdy hardware work together to provide a secure lockdown.
- The sole unit features a zero heel-to-toe drop which helps create a good posture. It delivers a natural feel of the ground while maintaining surface traction.
The Xero Shoes Z-Trek caters to male and female hikers. Both versions come in standard width and are offered in whole sizes only. Its Z-pattern webbing strap allows customization of fit across the foot and the heel area.
According to the brand, the sandal runs a half size larger and has a wide forefoot. There are printable templates on Xero Shoes’ website which reflects the actual size of the product. These will help determine the best size to purchase. To check if it is printed correctly, a scale marker is included which should be compared with a ruler.
For men with a narrow foot, they recommend checking out the women’s version and get a size up than what they usually wear. For wide-footed women who wear a size over 10, it is recommended to try the men’s sandal.
The Z-Trek from Xero Shoes employs a flexible 5.5 mm FeelTrue sole. It keeps the foot protected from rocky grounds while rendering optimal ground feel. The chevron lugs are facing opposite directions (forefoot and rearfoot) to provide multidirectional traction.
Cradling the foot is a textured material which prevents the foot from slipping. At the back of the sandal is a heel cup which helps keep trail debris away.
This multi-sport sandal from Xero Shoes wears an adjustable Z-shaped water repellent webbing strap. The women’s version has a narrower strap than the men’s.
To manage fit, it has a Velcro closure at the back of the foot and rust-proof nylon hardware. An elastic band prevents the excess strap from dangling.
- This hiking sandal is 100% vegan-friendly.
- Depending on the user’s preference, the toe area of the Z-Trek can be trimmed with a pair of kitchen scissors to match the shape of the foot. Use sandpaper to smoothen the edges.