Reviews from around the internet
- 90/100 by Gear Assistant
- 80/100 by Boot Bomb
- 80/100 by Backpackerverse
- 100/100 by U.S. Elite Gear
- 100/100 by Nick
- 100/100 by Scarpa NZ
- 100/100 by Workboots Guru
- 100/100 by gav bubu
- 90/100 by Ranger Made
- 90/100 by Backpacking Expert
- 90/100 by Backcountry Skiing Canada
- 85/100 by Outdoors Pals
- 85/100 by Wired For Adventure
- 78/100 by Ranger Made
- 76/100 by OutdoorGearLab
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX is created ready for longer treks with heavy loads. It has a leather upper lined with Gore-Tex for protection. Addressing comfort are the Auto Fit Collar, Ankle Padding and Flex Point System.
- The sole unit of this backpacking boot includes a 2D PU midsole and a Vibram Biometric outsole. Scarpa designers included a dynamic TPU shank and an Activ Plus insole to optimize support and cushioning.
A men’s backpacking boot that fairly runs true to size, the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX comes in regular sizes and standard width. With the Activ Fit feature, it uses a BD last which renders more volume at the toe area and secure heel fit, yielding an enhanced comfort. Its lacing system brings a customized and precise fit.
The Vibram Biometric, made of XS Trek compound, renders sensitivity on various ground surfaces. This rubber outsole promotes natural rolling motion of the foot while rendering stability. Its aggressive lugs and tread profile are self-cleaning for an enhanced grip on trails.
The double density PU midsole takes care of underfoot cushioning. It also comes with a dynamic TPU shank that gives rigidity and stability. An Activ Plus insole made of polypropylene and 4.5 mm thick fiberglass adds support and comfort.
Scarpa’s Activ Impact technology enhances shock absorbency and increases energy return. This characteristic results in a more efficient and comfortable ride.
The Kinesis Pro GTX has a 2.4 - 2.6 mm full-grain calf leather reinforced with a full rubber rand, giving it a durable and robust upper. The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort lining renders insulation and protection against water.
This high-cut backpacking boot features an ergonomic Auto Fit Collar and Ankle Padding System which adapts to the foot’s anatomy for enhanced comfort. Its Flex Point System, on the other hand, allows the ankle to move freely. The Speed Lacing, through its combination eyelets and straightforward closure, wraps the foot securely.
- This boot received the 2014 Gear of the Year recognition from the Backcountry Skiing Canada.