Review coming soon
Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground has just been released by Puma . Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Reviews from around the internet
- Looking at this Puma World Cup release, the word ‘Illuminate’ is aptly associated with this color pack. Featuring a color-shifting element in the upper, the scheme includes the shift green, white, and black hues. As part of the Puma One series, the Puma One Illuminate 2 FG is designed to cater to the three Fs of soccer which is fit, fast, and feel.
- Holding up to the feel portion of the shoe, the upper is created with a calf-skin leather upper which is known for its softness and durability. While not as light as kangaroo leather, this characteristic is offset by the material’s level of comfort.
- Catering to fit, a knitted sock material is included in the shoe’s construction. This feature brings a snug fit to the shoe, allowing for a supportive feel for the player.
- A traditional lacing system comes into play for the shoe’s overall fit personalization. To make slipping into the shoe easier, pull tabs in the front and top heel area are also placed.
- In terms of speed, a Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is used for this soccer cleat’s base. This lightweight material is a common feature among speed cleats as it allows for agile play. The stud configuration includes a total of twelve bladed and conical studs suited for firm natural grass surface.
The Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground soccer cleat has foot-hugging fit as it makes use of a knitted sock element in its construction. It is designed up to the ankle area but is aimed to feel like an extension of the foot. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from size 6.5 to 12.5. A central lacing system is incorporated into the soccer cleat’s construction to further the customizability of its fit.
The upper of the Puma One Illuminate Firm Ground soccer cleat is created out of a calf-skin leather upper known for softness and durability. A good touch and control of the ball is also ensured as texturing on the leather is incorporated. Creating a snug fit through a sock-like, a knit-based material is also included in this Puma shoe’s construction. Extending up to the ankle area, this element serves as a support for the wearer’s foot during play. The silhouette of the pair is also reminiscent of the Nike Puma One 18.1 K-Leather FG and the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG shoe.
The central lacing of this soccer cleat model aids in fit customization. A pull tab found in the front and heel area of the sock-like material permits ease of access. Furthermore, the Puma One logo is printed on the side.
The outsole of the Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground soccer cleat is created with a TPU material which is a well-known feature among soccer cleats as it allows for a lightweight feel during play. The material is also designed to be responsive in each step.
The stud configuration involves a combination of bladed and conical studs. The forefoot area incorporates bladed studs at the front while further at the back, conical studs are placed. There are a total of eight found in the area. The soccer cleat’s heel, on the other hand, makes use of four bladed studs. The stud pattern used is designed to optimize play on firm ground courts while providing rotational and aggressive traction
- The Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground soccer cleat is also available in the purple and turquoise colorway.
- This soccer cleat is also known as Puma One World Cup/WC Leather.