Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Taking after the Future 18.1 Netfit, the Puma Future 2.1 Netfit FG/AG might not look quite that different. Then again, the brand guarantees that this second generation soccer cleat is packed with innovative upgrades that take a player’s game to even greater heights. Not only that, but this model also lights up the pitch with a striking look that matches its game-winning performance.
- When it came down to aesthetics, the Future 2.1 Netfit FG/AG still features the same modern design that utilizes the Netfit lacing system and evoKnit collar, as seen on it predecessor. Famed as the brand’s innovative and customizable lacing technology, the Netfit allows wearers to freely loop the laces in countless ways to achieve the best fit. Meanwhile, the evoKnit sock gives a supportive fit around the ankle to allow enhanced mobility. Another Puma cleat that utilizes an evoKnit sock feature is the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground.
- A noticeable upgrade in this soccer cleat can be felt on its upper. Compared to the slightly thicker and plasticky feel of the first generation Future cleat, this version highlights a softer and more flexible textile base upper. This enhanced layer offers a closer ball touch alongside a more cushioned feel owing to a padded inner lining.
- The base of this soccer cleat employs the RapidAgility soleplate, which boasts of being lightweight and highly-reactive. Along with that, this innovative plate features a combination of conical and bladed studs set to supply aggressive traction on both natural grass and artificial grass.
The Puma Future 2.1 Netfit FG/AG offers comfort and softness that is felt right out of the box. This owes to its soft and flexible textile base upper. With the Netfit technology infused in its design, this silhouette promises a snug and secure fit as wearers are given the option to lace up their cleats in countless ways. This soccer cleat is constructed in a men’s version and comes in sizes 7 to 12.5. It comes in a regular width and fits true to size.
Puma has equipped this second generation soccer cleat with their famed RapidAgility soleplate. Not only is this outsole lightweight and reactive, but it is also an efficient companion on firm ground and artificial grass pitches as it delivers excellent traction and allows for ease in executing twists and pivots. This hybrid outsole employs a stud pattern that features 4-sided bladed studs working in combination with strategically-placed conical studs.
Among the highlights of the Puma Future 2.1 Netfit FG/AG is its textile base upper. The material shows impressive softness and flexibility, a massive improvement from the stiff and rigid upper of its predecessor. However, this version of the Future still adapts the innovative Netfit, a technology initially released for running shoes to enhance a cleat’s overall fit. With this innovation, the laces can be looped in infinite ways to achieve a snug, personalized fit.
Another detail that can be seen in the upper is the evoKnit collar that helps provide added support around the ankles, allowing for better mobility. This ankle sock, designed with front and back pull tabs, also facilitates easy entry of the foot.
Moreover, the Puma logo can be spotted at the pull tag and around the heel.
- Coming from the Illuminate Pack, the Puma Future 2.1 Netfit FG/AG is available in a Colour Shift / Biscay Green / Puma Black colorway.