Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Puma has created the EvoPower line to answer to the need for power and accuracy in attacks. Cleats from this collection bring a new meaning to lightweight with the aim of giving the best feel of the ball.
- The Puma EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic Firm Ground features an AdapLite material for its upper. This microfibre offers excellent flexibility that mimics a barefoot kicking motion for increased power. It also allows for a natural movement of the feet.
- For shot accuracy, the cleat depends on its AccuFoam design, which utilizes 3D foam dots that add texture to the upper. This added detail enhances grip and precision when connecting with the ball. It also works to improve comfort.
- This soccer cleat also employs the GripTex treatment on its upper. This detail has been applied to provide significantly better ball control for easier manipulation. It also provides a consistent level of grip on the ball, even in wet conditions.
- Over at the midfoot, this low top utilizes a standard lace-up closure that gives wearers control over how snug they want the shoe to fit. This lacing system is also seen on cleats like the Under Armour Magnetico Pro Firm Ground and the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground. However, instead of a basic tongue, this soccer cleat uses an elastane sock that offers a good amount of stretch for more natural foot dynamics.
- Meanwhile, the base highlights a lightweight Pebax outsole that holds a combination of bladed and conical studs that provide traction on natural grass pitches. The outsole also features the G.S.F. (Gradual Stability Frame) technology that allows the outsole and the upper to bend in harmony resulting in enhanced power.
The firm ground version of the Puma EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic utilizes a stretchable sock construction that gives a snug wrap around the foot. It also employs a central lacing system that offers a secure fit and offers wearers control over the cleat’s tightness. This soccer cleat comes in the standard men’s sizes, from 7 to 12. It fits about a size larger than usual so wearers should take note of this when purchasing a pair.
Puma has engineered this soccer cleat with a lightweight Pebax outsole. It has also installed the base with a mix of bladed and conical studs that are strategically positioned to ensure that players can put more power in their shots without compromising stability on the pitch.
The spine of the outsole also features the GSF that allows the foot to bend in a more natural motion, resulting in an optimized delivery of power to the ball.
For its upper, the EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic Firm Ground employs the brand’s AdapLite microfibre. The material offers a one-way stretch that allows the foot to bend, mimicking a barefoot kicking motion that boosts power. Meanwhile, the Accufoam 3D dots regulate the uneven surface of the foot for improved accuracy when making shots.
The upper has also been treated with a GripTex print that further enhances ball control. It also allows for a more consistent ball touch in wet and dry conditions.
- This soccer cleat weighs 7 ounces.