Reviews from around the internet
- 93/100 by Soccer Reviews For You
- 98/100 by The Instep
- 95/100 by SoccerCleats 101
- 95/100 by Unisport
- 95/100 by SOCCER.COM
- 98/100 by Soccer Bible
- 98/100 by Football Boots
- 98/100 by Unisport
- 95/100 by All Things Sports
- 98/100 by Soccer Village
- 95/100 by Cleatstagram
- 95/100 by Hand of Blog
- 95/100 by SoccerProVideo
- 93/100 by GlobalSoccerStore
Video reviews and unboxing
- The seventh generation Tiempo Legend Elite FG made some small but notable changes to its predecessor to make an already tested line even better. To start off is the Fitmesh material found in the upper which was a first for this line. The Fitmesh tightens its hold when more pressure is applied.
- Additionally, the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite FG utilizes a Kangaroo leather in its upper. Considered as a premium material, it creates a tight but comfortable fit for the soccer cleat.
- The tongue and midfoot consists of a Flyknit material that encloses Flywire cables connected to the base of the soleplate. The Flyknit material provides a comfortable coverage on top of the foot. Seeming like it’s overly padded, this is not the case for this soccer cleat as it maintains an adequate feel for the ball.
- Moreover, Flywire cables have been integrated into the central lacing system. This combination creates room for new adjustments in fit in addition to an already snug-fitting cleat.
- The heel lined with a synthetic suede material and the sides lined with bumps for additional padding and lockdown.
- A Hyperstability soleplate makes up the outsole. To create a lightweight sole, Nike made use of a combination of nylon and Pebax materials. Moreover, the stud configuration is an assortment of conical, chevron and blades to cater to multi-directional movements.
The Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground cleat has a tight but comfortable fit that can accommodate slightly wide foot types. It is available in men and women’s sizes. Men’s sizes are available from 7 to 9.5 while women can choose from sizes 8.5 to 11. A central lacing system similar to the Adidas Mundial Goal and the Adidas Samba Classic has been integrated into the shoe’s construction.
Although, one must take note that some users expressed that the soccer cleat runs a half size small so, it is recommended to go a half size up for the best fit.
Shedding off 60 grams from Tiempo Legend VI, this soccer cleat was designed to become more lightweight with the use of the Hyperstability soleplate. Nike utilized a combination of Pebax and Nylon materials in the construction of the sole.
In addition to this, Nike also relied on Finite Element Analysis (FEA). This tool helps designers test which traction patterns are the most ideal for foot foundation as well as quickly configure features like the stud pattern. For this cleat, what they were able to create is an amalgamation of jagged conicals, chevrons, and blades. This combination is specifically designed to accommodate multi-directional movements. In partnership with the FEA system is the 3D printing technology.
The Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground cleat features a premium Kangaroo leather upper. Known for its comfortable fit, this material molds into the shape of the user’s foot with little to no need for break-in time.
The Flyknit material is utilized for the tongue as well as the midfoot area. This knitted material known for its comfort has been combined with Flywire cables for a sock-like fit. To further fit customization, the cables are fused with the central lacing system of the soccer cleat.
A first for this silo, the Fitmesh technology has been introduced into the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite FG. Reactive to the pressure applied, it functions like a Chinese finger trap - it tightens its hold as more pressure is applied. Purposely designed to act as a floating lining between the foot and leather - it gives the player an adequate feel for the upper while locking down the foot and, at the same time, prevent overstretching. It also serves as a liner to preserve the structure of the soccer cleat.
Lined with a synthetic suede material, the heel aids in foot lockdown. The internal heel area is also lined with pods for padding. The outer heel area was not left out as it is coated with a synthetic material, as well.
- Nike Just Do It color pack
A collection released for the 2018 World Cup, the Just Do It collection mixes a glaring soleplate color while maintaining a primarily white upper. The resulting look is that of a delicately sophisticated aesthetic while maintaining the right amount of edge. Featuring a different soleplate colorway for each silo, the Tiempos sport a metallic cool grey and Blue Hero color scheme; the Hypervenom pairs the upper colors with a Volt soleplate; Magista couples the neutral colors with Light Crimson; and lastly, the Mercurials with a Total Orange plate.
- The Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground is available in several colorways including University Red/White/Black/Bright Crimson, Gamma Blue/ White/ Obsidian/ Glacier Blue, Black/ White/ Laser Orange/ Volt, Black/ White, Black/ Armory Navy/ Light Armory Blue/ Armory Blue/ Hot Punch, Black/White/Light Aqua/Volt and Laser Orange/White/Black/Volt.
- The term “Elite” was added to the soccer cleat’s name as part of the 2018 Nike soccer cleats rebranding. This is to signify that the cleat is a high-end model.