Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Nike Phantom VNM Elite Firm Ground is the first in the line of cleats that replaced the Hypervenom series. It carries some Hypervenom influence while also bringing its own unique features that make it one of the best performing soccer cleats from the brand.
- One of this soccer cleat’s top features is its Flyknit upper that offers high areas of breathability, stretch, and support. It also utilizes a tongueless design that eliminates the seams bringing added comfort for the foot. Similar to the Pro version, this model also incorporates micro-texturing details on its vamp to help improve ball control.
- Another detail to this firm ground cleat is the asymmetrical lacing that works to provide an expanded striking area. Meanwhile, Flywire cables are directly linked into the laces, securing the midfoot. It also allows for a more dynamic fit that conforms to the foot.
- This soccer cleat also features injected blades on its instep. This benefits players by creating a spin on the ball enabling them to make more powerful strikes. Additionally, a contoured sockliner serves to cushion the foot, providing added comfort.
- The base of this soccer cleat is equipped with the HyperReactive plate, which is also used on the Pro version. Known to perform with incredible traction on the natural grass, this sole unit highlights a combination of rounded diamond studs and chevron studs specifically position on the plate.
Nike has released this soccer cleat in the standard sizes for both men and women. It has offered in a regular width and is known to fit true to size. Built with a Flyknit construction similar to the Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground, this cleat has a snug fit and offers breathable support for the foot. The Flywire cables installed on the cleat’s lacing system help give users a more dynamic fit that adapts to the shape of their foot.
The flagship from the new Nike silo sports a Flyknit construction for its upper. This innovative upper technology offers breathability, stretch and support for the foot. Around the toe and vamp area, the shoe features a honeycomb micro-texture that gives an added grip on the ball for better maneuverability. It also utilizes the Nike All Conditions Control technology that promotes a more consistent ball touch both in wet and dry conditions.
Another detail to the upper is the cleat’s asymmetrical lacing system, which gives an expanded contact area. The Flywire cables installed into the laces give a mode secure lockdown on the midfoot as it adapts to the natural shape of the foot. Additionally, the cleat’s tongueless design offers added overall comfort as it virtually eliminates the seams
The outsole of the Nike Phantom VNM Elite Firm Ground utilizes a HyperReactive plate, which is known for its flexibility in key areas that results in a more consistent contact with the field. It also allows for reliable multidirectional traction on the natural grass pitch. The cleat’s stud configuration consists of a set of rounded diamond studs in the forefoot that deliver rotational traction and a set of chevron studs in the midfoot and heel that facilitate quick lateral cuts while providing stability.
Game Over Pack
This pack is characterized by a sharp and bright look that will match the Game Killer’s skills. This 2019 collection includes four soccer silos - the new Phantom Venom and Phantom Vision lines as well as the Mercurial and Tiempo lines. For the Phantom Vision and Phantom Venom, the cleats feature red/black colorways while anthracite/yellow color combinations are used on the Mercurials and Tiempos.
- This soccer cleat weighs 201 grams.