Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The eleventh version of Nike Mercurial Vapor’s solid traction and fit are brought about by its new Grip System that provides an anti-slip traction feature internally. It is also strengthened by an integrated tongue that aids in securing the foot inside the cleat.
- The improved 3D Speed Plate is what makes this cleat ultralight. This is mainly engineered to offer faster acceleration alongside with the precision-placed studs.
- Nike Mercurial Vapor XI features the ACC (All Conditions Control) technology that delivers the overall control of the cleat whether it’s in a dry or wet environment. This protective element is still retained in the more updated models such as the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG and theNike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground.
- The cleat is made of premium Synthetic material inside and outside, creating a one-piece enclosure for the foot bringing much conformity to the foot shape. The lock-in sensation is enhanced due to this material.
- The insole is removable, but the front half can be seen glued to the inside to prevent any unwanted sliding. The upper of the insole is a mesh layer covering a layer of Ortholite foam giving the cleat more cushioning.
Nike Mercurial Vapor XI is available in different sizes ranging from 7.5 to 12.5 in men’s version. For women’s sizing, it is available from 7.5 to 14. This cleat uses Nike Grip system utilizing tongue and laces for a snug fit that allows adjustability.
Similar to the Superfly 5, the Nike Mercurial Vapor XI uses a chevron stud pattern offering a much smoother ride, especially with straight-line speed, particularly for natural grass. The stud pattern is known to be one of the most aggressive stud patterns designed to improve feet performance.
These studs are sitting in a 3D speed plate that enhances precision and speed. The 3D speed plate is a single layer plate that is designed not with the usual flat surface but with dips that conforms to the shape of the foot, great for quick cut motions. This soleplate is made of nylon and is specifically catering to natural ground surfaces.
The horizontal speed ridges found on the surface of the upper known as Speed Ribs do not just offer that barefoot feel, but also that closer ball touch that will certainly improve movements for striking. The said texture is constructed for better ball manipulation. The upper is also protected by an advanced technology called ACC (All Conditions Control) that can also be found in the other top-end models of Nike cleats.
A noticeable trim lining is also seen going from the forefoot and toe box area that promotes the durability of the cleat. This thick plastic-like material provides a solid bond with the upper and the soleplate for added endurance to the cleat.
The lacing system is used for the upper for that added adjustability to the fit with a low-cut design and internal heel counter. Additionally, a tongue is integrated on the upper that is constructed to lessen distractions.
- Nike Mercurial Vapor XI can be customized with an added cost.
- This specific model is built for short-grass and slightly wet fields.
- A Neymar JR variation of this shoe is available and has been popularly tagged as “Written in the Stars”.
- Soccer players Eden Hazard and Luca Modric were seen wearing these cleats.