Review coming soon
New Balance Tekela Magia Firm Ground has just been released by New Balance . Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Reviews from around the internet
- The bold Tekela series from New Balance has produced a surprisingly competitive takedown model cleat in the form of the Tekela Magia Firm Ground. This soccer cleat is packed with innovative features. The shoe design targeted on changing game outcome by focusing on agility and movement similar to the inspiration of Nemeziz cleats such as the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.
- At a glance, there is an unnoticeable difference between this shoe and its high-end counterpart, the Tekela Pro. Both models are fitted with a mid top collar designed to offer an elasticated sensation. It extends to the forefoot just like a sock instead of the usual flap tongue. It is made of mesh to maximize breathability and lockdown all throughout the 90-minute game.
- Another mesh element in this soccer cleat is its lining. It optimizes in-shoe comfort and offers a more locked in foot sensation.
- What seems to look like an aesthetic element to the soccer cleat’s synthetic upper is actually a group of embroidered bands that is meant to enhance overall mechanical lockdown. These bands dominating the upper are called Kinetic stitches. The comfort of the Polyurethane upper and the form-fitting wrap of the stitches offer a balance of stretch and structure to this soccer cleat.
- For underfoot comfort, an EVA insert does its job by offering a softer sensation with its molded construction. Additionally, this insole is removable which allows players to replace it with orthopedic sock liners if they wish to.
- The conical studs sitting on this soccer cleat’s synthetic base is created to deliver enhanced maneuverability to the player. It helps players to move smoothly on pivotal points on firm natural grass surfaces.
The New Balance Tekela Magia is offered in sizes 6.5 to 13 in men’s version. It is available in standard width. The brand recommends ordering a size up due to the soccer cleat’s tight fit. The mesh collar offers a stretchable fit from the ankle area to the midfoot. Meanwhile, the synthetic upper embroidered with kinetic bands create a more structured feel on the foot. A lace-up closure in the center helps in improving the fit, especially for narrow-footed players.
The firm ground stud configuration of this soccer cleat is composed of conical studs which are especially helpful on pivot points. Seven studs are placed on the forefoot area. Four of those are attached in a synthetic skeleton that runs through the heel area, conjoining four more conical studs. This skeleton adds more stability to the base and evens out the weight distribution for better maneuverability on dry natural grass.
The New Balance Tekela Magia is composed of upper elements that allow a foot-hugging sensation. It owes its tight-fitting nature to the Kinetic stitch embroidered on a synthetic PU upper. The embroidered band also doubles as a lockdown feature as it securely maintains the shoe’s structure.
The mid top collar provides a flexible sensation to the soccer cleat through its mesh construction. Its sock-like design offers a contrasting yet balanced fit to the form-fitting synthetic upper. On top of the collar is a central lacing system that aids in promoting a personalized fit.
- This soccer cleat has a removable sockliner made from molded EVA.
- The New Balance Tekela Magia FG is available in a Polaris/Galaxy colorway.
- The New Balance Furon and Tekela collection were both released in Otruska pack with soccer cleats such as the New Balance Tekela Magia Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground.