- This second generation Mizuno model upped its game by incorporating several tried-and-tested elements into the shoe’s construction. One of which is the soccer cleat’s K-leather forefoot. The material wraps around the area while shaping to the player’s foot shape as it stretches over time.
- Further up the back area of the cleat which includes the heel and primarily the midfoot, an innovative R-Fiber Control material is used. This element is designed by the brand to reduce stretching while keeping a secure lockdown for the player’s foot, especially when increasing speed and making rapid turns.
- The asymmetrical lacing system infused with an equally cutting-edge tongue design serves to aid the shoe’s fit. The burrito style tongue which extends itself internally reinforces a locked in feel.
- A fully removable insole infused with the brand’s Zeroglide technology reduces foot slippage. This material is also placed in the shoe’s lining.
- The outsole of this second generation soccer model is created with Pebax. This material is known for being lightweight while bringing traction and durability. A total of thirteen studs are placed in the forefoot and heel areas combined. The stud configuration and the materials used are meant to bring optimal performance on firm ground courts.
- D-Flex grooves are carved in the soleplate to permit ease of movement especially when players make twists and turns.
- Another technology found in the soleplate is Mizuno’s DynamotionFit. This genius piece of engineering allows the shoe to mimic the movements of the player’s foot making it easier to flex and twist.
The Mizuno Basara 101 Kangaroo leather soccer cleat brings a soft, comfortable feel with a secure foot lockdown for players on the pitch. This natural leather material wraps around the forefoot area, allowing for a more customized fit as it stretches over time, and molding into the shape of the wearer's foot. On the midfoot and the heel areas, the R-Fiber Control technology is used to reinforce a more secure cleat lockdown. A personalized fit is achieved through an asymmetrical lacing system paired with a uniquely-formed tongue which wraps the foot internally. The lacing system used in the pair is quite unique as the traditional ones are mostly placed vertically across the center, as evident in the Adidas Mundial Goal or the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground models.
The soccer cleat is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from size 7 to 13.
The outsole of the Mizuno Basara 101 Kangaroo leather soccer cleat is created with a Pebax-based material which is engineered to be lightweight for a speedy experience on the pitch. It is also designed for durability on firm ground courts.
A total of thirteen bladed studs are incorporated into the soleplate. Nine can be found in the forefoot area with two studs are situated vertically across the forefoot to increase grip when speeding up. Meanwhile, four studs are placed in the heel area.
D-Flex grooves can be found in the shoe’s soleplate, as well. Positioned in the central part of the cleat, this innovation benefits the wearer with more support.
Dynamotion technology is also incorporated into the shoe’s construction. This feature allows ease of movement as the technology enhances player flexibility by mirroring foot movements.
A fusion of old and new innovations is used in the design of the Mizuno Basara 101 MIJ Kangaroo leather soccer cleat. Starting with the shoe’s forefoot area, a high-quality leather kangaroo leather upper has been used in its construction. The material is highly prized for its moldability as it stretches over time, conforming to the shape of the wearer’s foot.
Further up the shoe is an R-Fiber material which is incorporated into the heel and the midfoot areas. This element is engineered to provide a more secure fitting sensation while reducing pressure during pivots.
The tongue’s design is unique and a newly improved version of a burrito-style tongue. While the cut stops at the forefoot, the material is extended internally, partially wrapping the foot. This allows for a more fit stability. The tongue is incorporated into the shoe’s asymmetrical lacing system.
- The Mizuno Basara 101 KL soccer cleat is available in the Black and Green Gecko colorway.
- This soccer cleat is also known as Mizuno Basara 101 MIJ (Made in Japan).
- The shoe weighs at 7.06 ounces.
- The soccer cleat has a fully removable insole which has the brand’s Zeroglide technology which secures the wearer’s foot in place.