The Five Ten District Clips is mainly heralded for its versatility in both look and function. The shoe’s skate-centric design equipped with 2-bolt cleats could be worn in settings other than the trails. Its low-profile and simple aesthetic looks good while on a bike, at work and casual occasions. The District Clips is best recommended for commuting and mountain biking.
Non-marking, durable sole. The shoe’s sole is crafted from one of Five Ten’s signature sole innovations. Known as the Marathon rubber, this outsole technology prevents from leaving marks on the floor and is precisely engineered for durability and grip. The outsole also employs the brand’s dotty tread pattern for grip.
Excellent pedal feel. This pair’s one-piece molded cupsole provides excellent pedal feel allowing the rider to have more control while pedaling.
The Five Ten District Clips utilizes a 2-bolt cleat system. It is suitable for most clipless mountain bike pedals. Check out these compatible pedal brands for this shoe: Shimano SPD, Crank Brothers, Time ATAC, Speedplay Frog, Look S-Track and Ritchey.
This cleat system is relatively smaller than the 3-bolt road cleat system. It is also recessed into the tread of the shoes, making it easier for wearers to walk whenever needed.
Weather-resistant and easy to clean. The District Clips shoe’s upper is crafted from a mix of PU-coated leather and synthetic leather materials. This upper construct is lauded for being easy to clean and for efficiently protecting feet from outside elements.
Classic sneaker design. Apart from the sneaker-like sole, this model’s simple upper design gives off a classic skate shoe look. It provides stylish versatility. This aesthetic received plenty of praise from on-the-go cyclists.
Reflective back tab. This seemingly small detail is a significant feature for night riders. It enhances visibility when riding in low-light settings. The feature provides added safety and security for the cyclist.
Traditional lace closure. The time-tested functionality and design of the lace-up closure provide an excellent finishing touch to this model’s simple look. Moreover, it efficiently keeps feet in place and adjustably snug while pedaling.
This mountain cycling shoe’s shape is sneaker-inspired and, therefore, mimics the fit and feel of ordinary skate sneakers. The only difference is the upper and sole are crafted from burlier and stiffer materials, which translates to being heavier and less breathable and walkable than the casual sneaker.
The pair’s cushioned collar and tongue keep the ankle area and top of the foot comfortable.
The Five Ten District Clips shoe features cushioned footbeds for enhanced in-step comfort. It is lined with Polyester textile lining for soft and smooth feel around the feet.
- Get the Five Ten District Clips shoe in three colorway options: black/gold metallic, utility green/gold metallic, and legend ivy/gold metallic.
- The District model is also offered in a flat version. This iteration is directed at cyclists who prefer the freedom of instantaneously planting their feet on the ground.
- Tongue lace loops are provided to keep the tongue from falling to either side.
- Brandings are placed on the tongue, insole, lateral side of the midsole and lace counter, and recessed cleat system.
- The lace eyelets are crafted from the same material of the upper. Except for the top-most hole as it is lined with added metal for durability.
- The tongue is made from mesh textile.