Reviews from around the internet
- The Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground is part of the second release of the popular Australian brand, Concave. Beneath its old-school aesthetic are several modern features that are not yet seen in soccer cleats from other brands. This complicated cleat aims to improve the shooting power of attack-minded finishers and playmakers.
- This soccer cleat is fitted with a premium calf leather upper. The soft material, together with the F3 (Football Form Fit) dual lacing system, molds and follows the natural curves of the foot creating an extremely comfortable fit. There are several rubberized details in the forefoot that provide excellent grip on the ball.
- A unique feature to the Concave silo is the Power Strike technology sitting on top of the laces. It enhances the rebound while reducing the impact when striking the ball. Also, it adds a layer of protection on the forefoot, which can be useful for a power cleat like the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground.
- It is engineered with a lightweight thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) outsole that is both supportive and responsive on the pitch. The Hybrid Ground soleplate comes with bladed studs that offer aggressive traction and controlled stability on firm ground (FG) pitches.
The Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground comes in sizes 6.5 to 11.5 in men’s version. This soccer cleat runs half a size large lengthwise and is a bit roomy widthwise. It is perfect for players who have wide feet. For players who have narrow feet, it is recommended that they get a pair that is half a size smaller to get the right fit.
The upper of the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground is made of high-quality calf leather material. It is incredibly soft to the touch and effectively adapts to the shape of the foot. The leather works well with Concave’s F3 (Football Form Fit) dual lacing system in providing a snug custom fit and feel.
Sitting atop the laces is the new Power Strike technology. The concept behind this patented innovation is to create a better strike zone for a more powerful and accurate strike. The Power Strike also offers an added protection to the forefoot - an area that is often left vulnerable.
The forefoot of the upper features fin-shaped rubberized weldings that enhance the shooting and releasing of the ball. They provide additional grip for excellent ball touch and reaction.
A breathable mesh runs on the lateral side to the heel of the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground. It prevents the foot from overheating during the 90-minute game.
On the inside of this soccer cleat are an innovative Fusion lining and a cushion pass pad for excellent in-shoe comfort. Also, an ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) insole is present for enhanced underfoot cushioning.
The Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground utilizes the Hybrid Firm Ground outsole. It is a transparent TPU injection soleplate that provides the necessary support and responsiveness to play the game.
Its stud configuration is comprised of 11 droplet-shaped studs and one support stud at the center of the forefoot. They are great for making quick accelerations and aggressive traction on firm natural grass.
- The Concave Halo + Firm Ground is also available in synthetic microfiber, as is the case with Concave Volt+ Firm Ground.
- This soccer cleat was released in 2017.