Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Cairn Adventure from Bedrock aims to deliver comfort and style in a minimalist package. Its patent-pending Y-strap design of the upper yields a secure and optimal fit. The designers updated it with a plugless toe post. They retired the plastic buckles and replaced it with metal hardware.
- Its grooved footbed prevents the foot from sliding. Its outsole, with a 14 mm stack height, renders protection and durability while maintaining a flexible and lightweight feel.
This unisex multi-sport sandal caters to hikers with a medium-width foot. The brand offers this product in whole sizes only. The easy-to-adjust webbing aids in fit customization.
According to the brand, their sizing is based on a centimeter scale. They indicated that women should go one size down to get the correct fit. This sandal runs small; hence they suggest getting a larger size.
The Bedrock Cairn sandals wear an exclusive Regolith (made of Vibram XS Trek compound) outsole. It grants lightweight traction and durability. It has a self-cleaning profile, meaning it is able to shed off accumulated mud automatically. This mechanism aids in maintaining grip, especially in varying ground conditions.
This hiking sandal from Bedrock carries a Granite Grip footbed. It has a textured finish which renders foot-to-sole traction, preventing slippage. Its minimalist design amplifies the user’s connection to the ground. It also helps maintain aeration under the foot.
The Bedrock Cairn Adventure upper features premium polyester and nylon webbing in a Y-shaped construction. At the rearfoot is the brand’s Sole Hugger design that helps in maintaining stability. Its plugless paracord toe-post yields enhanced comfort.
This multi-sport sandal has three adjustment zones. The two main areas include the Velcro closure at the heel and a removable hook at the medial side of the forefoot. The latter can be attached to a different loop which aids in fit adjustment. On the lateral side is a pull tab which goes through a buckle. This feature (can be tightened or loosened) permits a convenient on and off.
- The Bedrock Cairn Adventure sandal has a vegan-friendly construction.
- The brand web has sole templates which assist future owners in getting the right size. It is advised to print the pattern on a 100% scale. The template also includes the location of the sole hugger for reference.
The brand’s designers recommend the following tips to extend the life of Bedrock sandals.
- Never expose the footbed to extreme heat. This includes leaving it in the car or putting it under direct sunlight for an extended period. It may cause deformities in the integrity of the footbed material.
- Do not machine wash the sandals. It is recommended to clean it using a brush, water and eco-friendly soap. Dry it in a shaded place.