Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Following the “do not fix what is not broken” approach, the Adidas X 17.1 has similar tech specs as its predecessor, the Adidas X 16.1. Because of its one-piece construction, the touch on the ball and thickness across the entire upper is consistent.
- The Adidas X 17.1 Firm Ground features a TechFit compression upper that molds to the shape of the foot, giving it a second-skin fit. The heightened TechFit collar and the curved design at the back also offer flexible ankle support.
- Furthermore, this soccer cleat uses the Non-Stop Grip (NSG) technology that enhances the grip on the ball.
- The Adidas X 17.1 Firm Ground has the lightweight SprintFrame outsole as well. This TPU plastic material is flexible and moves nicely with the foot.
The Adidas X 17.1 Firm Ground is available in standard size and it fits true to size. The sizes are 6.5 to 13 for men’s version and sizes 5 to 10 for women’s version. Similar to the Adidas X 18.1 FG, a central lacing system has been integrated into the shoe.
This soccer cleat uses the SprintFrame technology for the outsole. The forefoot area of this lightweight synthetic material is flexible enough to adapt to the movements of the foot. It also has ribs through the midfoot area to give it a bit of rigidity.
The stud pattern of the Adidas X 17.1 FG is the same as its predecessors in the X 16 series. It has six studs in the forefoot, one support stud in the middle, and four under the heel. It is a combination of hybrid conical-bladed studs and raindrop-shaped studs. The stud pattern is intended to increase traction and speed on dry, natural grass.
The Adidas X 17.1 FG uses the TechFit construction upper. This synthetic material follows the shape of the foot for a secure fit and excellent control of the ball.
The Non-Stop Grip on the upper gives it a thin checkerboard texture to keep the ball from slipping even in wet conditions.
The exposed lace of this soccer cleat runs through five pairs of nylon loops that do not attach to the base of the shoe. The lacing system keeps the foot locked in place and prevents the middle part of the upper from stretching during changes of directions.
The Adidas X 17.1 FG also has a heightened TechFit collar. This stretchable sock system ensures that the ankle is stable and secured in place.
The curved design at the back of this soccer shoe alleviates tension from the Achilles tendon. The external heel counter that is connected to the outsole keeps the heel area intact.
Internally, this soccer cleat has a soft, synthetic suede padding for added comfort.
- Deadly Strike pack
Inspired by deadly predators, the color palette used in the Adidas X 17+ model brings an air of quiet elegance with its Hi-Res green, Aero green, and Unity Ink colorway. Techfit upper is primarily colored in Aero green. The detailing including the three stripes logo and the internal material which lasts until the ankle area promote foot support is in Unity Ink
- Lone Hunter pack
Perhaps the charm of Adidas’ Lone Hunter pack comes from the fact that its color selection is quite an unusual one for soccer cleats. Taking a closer look at the Adidas X 17.1 model, it sports animal prints using a bright orange, talc, and trace olive colorway. The soleplate is not exempt from this as the pattern runs from the upper to the soleplate. Judging from the pack’s name and its design elements, one can easily surmise what inspired this model’s design.
- Ocean Storm pack
Like lightning strike, the Adidas X 17+ soccer cleat hits you in the face with its glaring colorway. Using a primarily yellow Techfit upper, this cleat demands attention as it is sure to stand out on the pitch. The mid cut collar, as well as the smaller details on the shoe, are presented as dark blue almost black color. A polka dot design is also apparent all over the shoe.
- Famous soccer athletes who wore the Adidas X 17.1 Firm Ground were Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez.
- This soccer cleat also has a kids’ version in sizes 10k to 12k.
- The men’s version of the Adidas X 17.1 FG is available in six captivating colorways.
- This soccer shoe was released on June 1, 2017.
- The 2018 FG versions of this model are the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground and the Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground.