Video reviews and unboxing
- In celebration of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Adidas launched the remake of their classic Predator Accelerator in street variation - the Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainers. The overall silhouette, as well as the upper features, are designed to mimic the original version released in 1999.
- The Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainer uses a leather upper in the same electric yellow color as the one found on the 1999 model. The soft kangaroo leather material provides a comfortable fit for all-day wear.
- Recreating the no-nonsense style of the original model, the Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainer also features the black rubberized pads on the forefoot. It also has the iconic fold-over tongue for a more old-school look.
- This shoe features the modern Boost cushioning underneath the vintage upper. With the Boost technology, the Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainer effectively provides soft cushioning. Also, it increases the energy return as the foot pushes off from the ground.
The Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainer is available in men’s version only. It comes in sizes 6.5 to 13.5. Players with narrow to wide feet can comfortably wear this soccer shoe, thanks to its genuine leather upper and lacing system.
The upper of the Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 TR is made of premium kangaroo leather. It is supple, lightweight, and durable. The leather material offers superior comfort and glove-like fit for everyday wear.
This soccer shoe comes with the signature fold-over tongue. It is made of the same K-leather material used on the rest of the upper. It has an embroidered Adidas logo which can also be found at the back of the heel.
Copied from the original design of the 1999 Predator Accelerator, this soccer shoe also has rubber pads on the forefoot. The laceless design, also a carryover from the original model, provides superior comfort and excellent lockdown when making quick changes of direction. Its old-school look is finished off with the Three Stripes logo on both sides of the shoe.
A full-length Boost midsole is present on the Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainers. It is the most innovative cushioning technology from Adidas. Boost technology makes use of hundreds of TPU capsules that compress under pressure and bounce back to its original shape when released. Thereby providing a comfortable and well-cushioned ride suitable for all-day use.
The Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainer is equipped with a durable rubber outsole. There are several textured structures on the surface of the transparent soleplate. It provides excellent grip on pavement and street surfaces.
- The Adidas Predator Accelerator 2018 Trainers was released on July 5, 2018.
- This cleat is available in Electricity and Core Black colorways.
- The Predator Accelerator 2018 also comes in a firm ground (FG) variation.
- Other firm ground variation for this shoe include the Adidas Predator 19.1 Firm Ground and Adidas Predator 18+ Firm Ground.