Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Supernatural Agility is the main tagline used for the take-down model, Nemeziz 17.2 FG. It promises a cleat construction that will bring about a balance of acceleration and comfort on the firm ground. Its Agility Mesh found on the upper assures optimal ball touch and responsiveness. Aesthetically, the 360 Torsion tape that surrounds the cleat provides a sleeker look and functions as lateral and medial support at the same time. This is the same technology found in the upper of Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.
- When it comes to lockdown security, the Nemeziz 17.2 FG features a Dual Lock Collar that provides ankle stability. It serves the same purpose as Nike's Dynamic Fit collars found in shoes like Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground. For the ideal break in feel, it has a synthetic suede internal heel counter. The heel meets the collar with a V-cut shape to complete that modern look. Its insoles are non-removable.
- Additionally, this firm ground soccer cleat is covered with a combination of synthetic and mesh from the upper to the sole lining while the outsole is primarily synthetic. Overall, the elements found in this shoe take on firm ground cleats to a different level of lockdown and performance.
The Adidas Nemeziz 17.2 FG is available in men’s version. The size ranges from 6.5 to 13. With its dual lock collar, elastic center, and lacing system, this cleat offers a comfortable fit that allows adjustability.
Nemeziz 17.2’s soleplate is made from thick yet flexible plastic material designed to be translucent to compliment the striped upper. The stud configuration is specifically made for firm ground but is also available in artificial grass cleats. The conical studs produce aggressive traction and change of directions.
Unlike its high-end model, the only Agility bandage-like material that is found in this cleat is in its striped collar. The striped pattern goes all the way from the collar to the whole upper surface that subtly imitates the Agility bandages found in Nemeziz 17.1 and 17+.
On the other hand, the simplified 360 Torsion tape compensates the lack of the said bandages, as it surrounds the upper midfoot area just like a tape. Its stripe-like pattern is placed diagonally in the center and in the heel area.
The forefoot, midfoot and the lower heel areas are wrapped with Agility Mesh that contributes to the softness and flexibility of the cleats. This textile material works to improve ball touch and control. At the center of the cleat is an elastic material below the lacing system that provides an adaptive lock in for a snug fit.
- Adidas Nemeziz 17.2 is available in Dust Storm Pack colorway in black and white color combinations.
- Legend Ink/Electricity/Energy Blue and Solar Orange/Core Black/Solar Red combinations are the other color options for this firm ground cleat.