Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG features the new Agility Bandage on the upper as well as the Dual Lock Collar construction around the ankle to provide good lockdown. The 360 Torsion Tape molds with the shape of the foot providing comfort right out of the box.
- This soccer cleat also uses the new Agility Knit 2.0 on the forefoot and the heel areas. This soft, adaptive material offers additional responsiveness to the shoe.
- The upper is equipped with the Non-Stop Grip (NSG) technology that acts as a wet control element. It is also seen in other Adidas models such as the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground and the Adidas Predator 18+ Firm Ground.
- The lightweight Torsion Frame outsole with the Torsion Ribs follows the movement of the foot nicely.
The Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG provides a snug fit because of the presence of the Agility Knit 2.0 in the forefoot area. The shoe is available sizes 7 to 13 for men’s and 5 to 10 for women’s versions. The shoe runs true to size.
The Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG uses the Torsion Frame technology for its sole plate. It has Torsion Ribs on the midfoot area that allows the shoe to match the movements of the foot. It also provides an excellent push off for added agility.
There are three bladed studs on both sides of the forefoot, one in the middle, and four at the heel area. Designed for firm grounds or referred to as FG, the studs are made to give a little more aggression when pushing off.
The structure of the Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG upper is made up of the Agility Bandage. It is composed of multiple strips of Torsion Tapes that are sewn seamlessly together. It offers improved lockdown and mobility that are useful when sprinting and changing directions.
The forefoot and heel areas of the Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG are made of Agility Knit 2.0. The upgraded version of this adaptive material is now thinner and more flexible. It provides a lightweight feel on the foot and a direct soft touch on the ball. The Agility Knit 2.0 material at the back of this soccer shoe is backed by an internal heel counter with a ton of padding to prevent heel slippage.
The upper is also covered by a layer of polyurethane and the Non Stop Grip or NSG technology. These materials prevent the soccer cleat from getting wet. Also, the NSG is a thin layer of ridges that increase the shoe’s contact and traction with the ball, especially in the forefoot area.
Internally, the Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 Firm Ground has a synthetic suede, padded liner that prevents the soccer cleat from feeling overly thin when worn.
The tongue is replaced by an elasticated material which stretches and compresses to the shape of the foot when worn. The shoe also has a shallow lacing system that runs through the center. It gives this soccer shoe more responsiveness and prevents your foot from sliding around.
The Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG also comes with a Dual Lock Collar construction. It provides a secure lockdown and stability in the ankle area. On the underside of this extended bandage are silicon dots that prevent it from sliding and bunching up.
The removable insole is a solid layer of white foam that has a mesh liner on top. It also has some perforations through the forefoot and heel areas.
- Lionel Messi wore the Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG during the Copa Del Ray final.
- Another soccer player who wears the shoe is Thomas Lemar.
- The design of this soccer cleat took inspiration from the ancient ritual of wrapping and taping the ankle to provide additional strength and agility.
- Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 fans can have a personalized pair of this soccer cleat with their name and flag on it.
- It also has a kid’s version.
- This soccer cleat model is updated in the form of the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.