Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf is one of the best examples where old-school style meets modern innovations. It may look like the classic Copa Mundial at first glance, but when you dissect it part by part, you will see that it is one of the most modern soccer cleats Adidas has ever put out.
- Probably the only feature that this soccer cleat has in common with classic soccer cleats such as the Adidas Mundial Goal is its premium leather upper. Designed to provide supreme comfort and ball touch, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf clearly did not disappoint.
- The Compression Inner Sock serves as the soccer cleat’s tongue. This technology is made of flexible materials that wrap the midfoot for a secure lockdown.
- An integrated X-ray vamp cage replaces the upper stitching on the previous Copa Tango model. It is effective in providing structure on the toe box area while also keeping the foot locked in place.
- The Ortholite sockliner and foam heel pads are added to the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf. Together with the Boost cushioning system, these innovations are helpful in providing excellent in-shoe comfort.
The kangaroo leather upper of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf stretches and follows the shape of the foot after the break-in period. Therefore, it is recommended for players who have normal to slightly wide feet. On the other hand, the lockdown from the dual lace holes also makes this soccer cleat suitable for those who have narrow feet.
The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf features a high-quality rubber studded outsole that provides excellent traction on artificial turf playing surfaces.
The Boost cushioning system is found underneath the heel of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf. This revolutionary technology is effective in releasing and returning the energy when the foot strikes the surface. Thus, the player is kept comfortable all throughout the 90-minute game.
The upper of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf is made up of two different materials, premium kangaroo leather in the forefoot and fabric material in the rear. The soft and supple upper offers excellent comfort and a glove-like fit.
A supportive Compression Inner Sock creates a one-piece sensation for a sock-like fit and a consistent level of touch on the ball. It is made out of Primeknit that offers a compressed yet flexible fit in the midfoot and heel areas.
Greater ball control is also achieved with the help of the integrated X-ray vamp cage. This technology replaces the usual stitching on the upper. It creates an additional structure in the toe box that is helpful in reducing ball slippage. It also helps the leather retain its shape.
Thanks to the breathable Ortholite sock liner and foam heel pads, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf provides a cushioned ride on turf fields (TF).
This soccer cleat has an internal heel counter that keeps the ankle locked in place while the player does quick cuts and changes of direction. It also has a dual lace hole system that also aids in the shoe’s overall lockdown.
An extra piece of suede material covers the toe box area of this soccer cleat. It protects this part of the shoe against the harsh playing surfaces.
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf weighs 10.6 ounces.
- Football enthusiasts can have this soccer cleat personalized with their names for an affordable fee.