Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The full grain leather upper of Copa Tango 17.1 Turf makes up for its heritage yet stylish look. The supple construction brings comfort to the foot straight out of the box. On top of that, it offers a more enhanced touch on the ball. Leather has always been favored for those excellent qualities.
- The modern take on the soccer cleat is its midsole element. It features the Adidas Boost technology for a reliable and responsive cushioning. Some Adidas soccer cleats incorporated with Boost are Adidas Predator 19.1 Trainers and Adidas X 18+ Trainers.
- The turf cleat has a central lacing system with a compression tongue. The tongue can be folded over to one’s preference. It also acts as a stability element in securing lockdown apart from the laces.
- The outsole offers a close-to-ground sensation with its thin sole unit. It is meant to stride in both indoor and turf grounds with excellent traction. The material used provides grip that can help prevent unwanted overuse injuries.
Standard sizes are available for the Adidas Copa Tango 17.1 Turf in men’s version. The shoe runs true to size. The lacing system and the compression tongue provide comfortable fit that helps in foot lockdown. The leather upper offers a barefoot sensation that conforms to the shape of the foot.
The white compressed foam pellets found in the midsole is powered by the Boost technology. The innovation is constructed to serve as a cushion in the heel area. It is known to be the most responsive cushioning created for Adidas. It is particularly helpful in turf plays where the ground is abrasive. It is apparent in the heel area as it is compressed in between the rubber outsole and the top cushion.
The stud pattern of the Copa Tango 17.1 TF is designed for turf surfaces. Bigger geometric studs are arranged in the forefoot and heel area while smaller studs are congested in the middle with the Adidas logo. The configuration of the rubber sole aids in foot motions to prevent slippages.
It is constructed with Adidas Boost technology which is designed to bring a balanced bounce-effect in every move, especially during long runs in the court. The mechanism behind this innovation is based on an energy-returning characteristic that most players prefer. In short, the same intensity of energy that is given by the foot will be rebounded to lessen foot strains.
A flexible full-grain leather wraps the entire upper and is lined with a suede material in the forefoot area. The quality of the leather in the Adidas Copa Tango 17.1 TF offers a soft sensation that amplifies the overall comfort of the turf cleat. Stitched patterns are apparent in the forefoot area which prevents overstretching of the said material. The ball control works best in leather due to the natural sensation it offers to the foot. It is intended to deliver a barefoot feel when touching the ball.
The lacing system is positioned in the center and is placed on top of a compression tongue. The tongue is specially made for fit and stability. Both parts reinforce the next-to-skin sensation by wrapping the foot snugly.
The heel serves as an extended area that protects the Achilles while the cushioned heel lining supports the ankle.
The leather Adidas stripes are placed in both the lateral and medial sides which gives the cleat a modern touch on a classic leather upper.
- Adidas Copa Tango 17.1 TF is available in Black and Red colorways.