Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Heel to toe dropMen: 6mm
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
Honestly, it's a great shoe. This is my new go-to shoe.
For someone that highly dislikes shoes to begin with, I have to say I will be wearing inov-8s whenever I am doing a CrossFit workout due to their light feel and foot support.
Updates to Inov-8 F-Lite 230
- The Inov-8 F-Lite 230 was created as a multi-purpose training shoe. It features a breathable 3D Air Mesh Upper to keep the foot chamber dry and well-ventilated during high-intensity workouts.
- A TPU Met-Cradle on the middle area gives a firm, yet lightweight hold of the foot. It is connected to the laces for enhanced lockdown.
- The low-profile midsole places the foot closer to the ground to accommodate quick moves and rapid changes of direction. It also provides better contact with the surface and a more stable platform for weightlifting exercises.
- The 6 mm heel-to-toe differential provides athletes with an alternative between support and a barefoot-like experience.
- The EVA foam is used in the midsole unit. It keeps the foot cushioned during high-impact activities.
- A Micro-Thin Rubber compound is added on the on the outsole. It serves to protect the platform from abrasion.
- The outsole also features the META-FLEXTM grooves. They allow the foot to bend naturally throughout the workout.
Inov-8 F-Lite 230 size and fit
The Inov-8 F-Lite 230 was designed specifically for men. It is offered in a range of sizes which follow standard measurements regarding length. The shoe’s width is D – Medium but it was crafted based on the brand’s Precision Fit. It is form-fitting in both the heel and forefoot sections and caters to athletes with narrower foot dimensions.
The Inov-8 F-Lite 230 features a Micro-Thin Rubber compound. It is blended with the midsole to provide comfort and protection. It also ensures traction on the surfaces.
The META-FLEXTM grooves are employed to allow the foot to bend naturally in the right places.
The F-Lite 230 makes sure that the foot stays cushioned by incorporating the EVA foam midsole. It protects the foot against impact throughout the training session.
The Inov-8 F-Lite 230 uses flexible textile and synthetics for a snug, yet flexible coverage.The 3D Air Mesh enfolds the upper unit to help breathe air into the foot chamber, keeping the foot well-ventilated.
The upper receives its structural integrity from the Met-Cradle. Made of a lightweight, yet sturdy TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) material, it gives a firm hold on the lateral and medial sides of the foot. It is integrated with the lace-up closure to provide a lockdown fit and to carry the foot responsibly through the training session.