Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 9.2ozWomen: 9.2oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 0mmWomen: 0mm
Heel heightMen: 3mmWomen: 3mm
Forefoot heightMen: 3mmWomen: 3mm
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 5 expert reviews
I highly recommend it.
The Inov-8 Men’s Bare-XF 260 running shoes give you all the advantages you need to perform at your personal best.
I thoroughly enjoy almost everything about this shoe. The only things that may scare away would-be wearers are the Velcro and the "Meet-me-at-the-box, Bro" design.
I can appreciate the "Rope-Tec" in theory but unless you climb ropes a LOT then this just isn't a convincing enough reason to drop that kind of money.
Updates to Inov-8 Bare-XF 260
- The Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 was crafted for those who want to tackle the rigorous routines of functional fitness or CrossFit using minimalist footwear. The shoe employs a one-piece mesh upper for a lightweight and breathable cover.
- The upper unit employs a rubber brace which serves multiple purposes. It provides lateral support, ensures protection during rope climbs, and adds more security by forming three Velcro straps on in the instep.
- There is no midsole in the model which leaves a 3-mm outsole to be the only buffer between the foot and the ground. Such construction helps athletes in staying more in touch with the surface and engaging the muscles and tendons of the foot.
- The Sticky Rubber prevents slippage while the Meta-Flex grooves make the sole unit more flexible.
- For those who are looking for an even more minimalist shoe, Inov-8 offers the Bare-XF 210 v2, which is 50 grams lighter than the Bare-XF 260.
Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 size and fit
The Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 is a unisex shoe which is based on men’s measurements. It has a regular sizing scheme. Regarding width, the Standard Fit option is offered, which implies that the shoe is snug in the heel, but more spacious in the forefoot. A roomy toe box allows for an ample toe-spread during jumps and lifts. It also caters to athletes with wide foot dimensions.
The Bare-XF 260 utilizes a 3-mm rubber compound to offer maximum sensory contact with the ground while keeping the foot protected from the surface. The material used is the brand’s proprietary Sticky Rubber. It provides enhanced traction on a variety of indoor surfaces.
The midsection of the outsole features the Rope-Tex ribbings, which provide grip during rope climbing and protection against friction on the descent.
The Meta-Flex grooves in the forefoot make sure that the sole bends with the foot.
The Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 doesn’t include a midsole. It is intended to provide athletes with a barefoot-like experience.
A thin, perforated insole is only used to prevent the foot from lying on plain rubber.
A synthetic mesh upper offers lightweight and breathable support for the foot. Its seamless construction is designed to wrap around the foot like a sock.
A rubber brace holds the lateral and medial sides of the Bare-XF 260. It features ribbed panels as part of the Rope-Tex rope protection system.
The Velcro closure employs three strategically-placed straps for a secure, yet non-restricting lockdown.