|Weight:||Men: 8.2oz | Women: 8.2oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 0mm | Women: 0mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Type:||Low drop | Zero drop | Minimalist|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
83 / 100 based on 11 expert reviews
I would have preferred that Inov-8 made a wider toe box for the Bare Grip 200. That is probably the only obstacle preventing a lot of trail runners with wide feet from trying these on.
Inov-8 is offering what has been the short fall of most of the market to date.
They won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I get excited ever time I lace them up.
The outsole provides excellent traction on wet pavement or off-road terrains. And, it's lightweight construction allows for speed where you didn't think you'd have it.
They’ve paired the flexibility of a Yoga teacher and the grip of a crocodile to create an off road king that will rival a Land Rover
I've been wearing these shoes for about six months now and I honestly couldn't be more happy with them. They are very comfortable, and they feel light and quick. They have also been very durable.
- The Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200 offers the runner a barefoot-like running experience, but with the certain performance of a trail shoe that’s efficient on many types of terrain. Even in the harsh environments of the great outdoors, runners would be able to run as naturally as they can with the power of a shoe that has a flexible upper unit and an aggressive outsole.
- The upper unit of this running shoe uses a quick-drying mesh material that is also highly breathable. The coverage is not too thick, but it’s ultimately secure because it wraps around the foot in an even and comfortable manner. It works in tandem with the foot, so natural movement is definitely encouraged.
- The lacing system is attached to supports that cause the upper fabric to tighten or loosen, in accordance with the adjustments made to the shoelaces themselves. It’s a solid way to let runners experience a more customizable fit.
- The outsole unit uses aggressive gripping lugs to provide traction over the many types of surfaces found in the outdoor environments. This layer is also very durable, so it delivers sure protection against wear and abrasion.
- The Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200 doesn’t have a main mid-sole unit. It’s a way for runners to experience a truly barefoot way for running. A molded insole is added to provide mild underfoot cushioning.
The Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200 has a standard running shoe length. The men and women’s versions come in sizes that adhere to the regular measurements. A medium width is available for this model, so it accommodates runners with medium sized feet. Its semi-curved shape follows the natural shape of the foot.
The Bare-Grip™ outsole technology is a durable layer of protection that works well in staving off wear and abrasion. Placed along the entire length of the shoe, its all-encompassing nature ensures that the foot and the shoe itself is safe from damage.
Aggressive lugs are placed all over the external unit. They hold onto the ground well, giving traction to the runner on hard and soft surfaces.
The Meta-Flex™ is a groove that’s placed in the front section of the shoe. It allows the natural flexibility of the foot, giving the forefoot the freedom to move. This groove pattern is also added into the outsole of the X-Talon 230 and other reliable Inov-8 running shoes.
This running shoe doesn’t have a main midsole unit. It’s a conscious decision to exhibit a barefoot style of running with a trail shoe. What it has, however, is a molded foam insole that gives mild and lightweight cushioning.
The 0 Shoc-Zone™ gives the wearer minimal protection for the underfoot. It’s a helpful device for those who want to experience the barefoot style of running, but it is recommended that only advanced athletes use it for longer periods of time.
The upper unit of the Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200 uses a quick-drying mesh material to provide a constantly dry yet breathable coverage. It gives a very comfortable wrap that’s effective in wet or dry conditions.
The Met-Cradle™ webbing locks the foot down over the foot bed. It doesn’t make the upper very tight, and it even allows the natural alignment of the metatarsals.
TPU supports are connected to the lacing system. When the shoelaces are adjusted, these supports cause the upper to follow suit, making the coverage more customizable and more agreeable to the needs of the runner.