Who should buy the Hoka One One Cavu
The Hoka One One Cavu claims to be a versatile runner that delivers a clear and unrestricted performance on the road, track, or gym. This shoe is recommended if:
- You have neutral pronation or mild supination and prefer a comfortable running shoe that is ideal for all-day wear.
- You want a cushioned trainer that remains lightweight enough to wear for long-distance runs.
Updates to the Hoka One One Cavu
- An open-engineered mesh and a Lycra bootie work together to bring a breathable upper with a seamless fit
- At the midsole resides the brand’s proprietary cushioning, PROFLY, which offers a balance of propulsion and protection through its unique layout
- The outsole uses RMAT for a soft and featherweight ground contact
A durable and stable outsole
The zonal RMAT is the brand’s exclusive outsole material. It works by enabling a guided stability and durability in high-wear areas. RMAT is a unique blend of rubber and foam, thus getting the best of both worlds. The created material has high elasticity and therefore yields greater rebound levels than just foam alone. Aside from that, the combination results in an ultra-sticky grip, as it is able to latch onto angled, wet, and uneven surfaces.
Acting as both a design and function, the wishbone pattern of the outsole doubles as the flex grooves. This layout offers strategic flex points, resulting in a smooth transition.
A dual-density midsole, called the PROFLY is present in the Hoka One One Cavu. It features a construction that is soft in the heel and firm in the forefoot so that the runner receives a comfortable landing and a quick toe-off. The PROFLY is a new material from the brand, and it is meant to be more resilient, and have a higher shock attenuation capability compared to other midsole contemporaries from the brand.
The Cavu's lightweight yet protective upper
The upper of the Cavu uses an open-engineered mesh, supplying the foot with lightweight comfort, as well as delivering optimum airflow. The Bondi 6, another Hoka One One running shoe, also utilizes this material in its upper.
The mesh also permits a customized fit, as a Lycra internal lining helps it by providing a seamless layer underneath. This material promotes a second-skin feel and prevents irritation, resulting in a comfortable wear.
Aside from the Lycra liner, another nether element of the Cavu is the internal reinforcements. These details act similarly to overlays, allowing a secure hold and a supportive fit for the foot.
The Cavu has a rigid heel counter, which is designed as such so that the foot is guaranteed protection and a locked-down feel.