Who should buy the Hanwag Stuiben II
The Hanwag boot is a keeper, considering how well it is made from top to bottom. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers a Chrome-free leather lining.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers a simplified and streamlined leather hiking boot’s lacing setup.
Updates to :name
- The Stuiben II is a day hiking boot with a golden khaki upper. It is still made of suede leather, although its finish is smoother than the first edition’s.
- Making a comeback is the padded construction of the ankle cuff. Also seeing a return in this iteration is the Chrome-free leather lining.
- Hanwag designers simplified and streamlined the leather hiking boot’s lacing setup. This new version has 7 pairs of lace hooks instead of 8. The boot now also comes with a metallic lace keeper securely attached to the tongue.
Size and fit
A fairly true-to-size, mid-cut day hiking boot for men is the Hanwag Stuiben II. It is offered in D – standard width. It is listed in a wealth of sizes, both half and full. The boot’s fairly standard lacing system makes personalized fit configurations possible.
Provides traction and stability
Granting hiker's surefootedness over rocky trails is the Hanwag ZT outsole. It is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) rubber. It is designed and constructed in such a way that balances traction and stability.
Offers excellent heel brake
The angular and patterned lugs on its surface bite into a variety of terrain types. Its slightly raised heel (wedge sole) and the absence of lugs around its arch zone give the boot a heel brake—a feature that assists users when navigating down slopes.
The Stuiben II has a cushy EVA midsole for underfoot comfort and ground contact protection.
Offers safe landings and smooth transitions
Its tapered construction allows for safe landings and smooth transitions and toe-offs. Additional cushioning is brought forth by the boot’s default footbed.
Layers of leather make up almost the entirety of the Stuiben II’s upper—from the exterior’s doubly stitched suede leather shell to the interior’s chromium-free, anti-allergic leather lining. Its soft, padded collar is made of leather as well.
The quick and convenient lacing system
The boot comes with flat, synthetic laces. They pass through metallic hooks and loops the latter of which are partially engineered with ball bearings to make lace adjustments quick and convenient.