Updates to Hanwag Omega GTX
- Hanwag designed this mountaineering boot to handle extreme alpine conditions. Its suede leather upper is lined with a Gore-Tex laminate and insulation fleece to amplify trail performance. Also, its Vari-Volume system and Click Clamps help optimize the overall fit and volume. The heel plate, which adjusts the width, was removed from the current design.
- A polyurethane (PU) midsole and Graded Memory Insole grant users a comfortable ride. A full-foot rigid shank is placed underfoot to promote support.
- It is still equipped with a Vibram Alpin outsole which yields a smooth roll-off motion. Its aggressive lugs can maintain grip even on icy grounds.
Size and fit
The Hanwag Omega GTX is a men’s-only mountaineering boot. It comes in whole and half sizes and standard (D) width. Generally, it runs true to size.
This gear features Vari-Volume, a component set which includes a removable tongue and an extra footbed. It allows hikers to adjust the overall volume of the boot.
It also comes with a lace-up closure which allows customization of fit. To optimize fit, the Click Clamps (clamping eyelets) permit differential tension on the forefoot and the ankle area.
The Hanwag Omega GTX is equipped with Vibram Alpin. This sturdy outsole has aggressive lugs which bite into various types of terrain. The pronounced edges at the side of the boot offer stability on uneven grounds. Also, its heel brake assists wearers on steep descents.
This high-cut mountaineering boot has a crampon-ready PU midsole which provides cushioning and rebound for a more comfortable ride. It also has a Graded Memory Insole which returns to its original form even after multiple compressions. Also, a full-length shank is added to help stabilize each stride on bumpy grounds.
This mountaineering boot uses 3-3.2 mm thick suede leather for its upper. It has a Gore-Tex laminate which protects the foot against water intrusions while allowing the foot to breathe. An insulation fleece keeps the foot comfy even in cold temperatures. It is also constructed with reduced seams to prevent friction points.
For extra on-trail protection, the boot is designed with an Elevated Brim rubber rand which wraps the base of the upper. Its flex zone at the heel area allows the boot to move with the foot while maintaining support.
The Omega GTX from Hanwag uses different types of lacing hardware to maximize its fit management. Starting from the toe area, it has D-rings, followed by easy rollers and then a pair of clamping eyelets. A webbing loop and three pairs of open hooks complete the closure system. Additionally, the pull tab at the shin area is attached to the removable tongue
- The Omega GTX is classed under Hanwag’s Category D. It is a sturdy boot designed for technical mountaineering and is fully compatible with step-in (automatic) crampons.
- Its thermal insulation is down to 15 degrees below zero Celsius (DIN EN 344-1).