Who should buy the Hanwag Alta Bunion
A pleasantly memorable ride is waiting for those who would take a chance on the Alta Bunion. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that can be used for both trail walking and long hikes.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides ample ventilation.
Updates to :name
- The Alta Bunion, as its name suggests, is Hanwag’s love letter for adventurers suffering from bunions. It has been engineered to be especially comfortable, particularly around the big toe region where the lining is extra soft and seamless. It has a flex zone at the heel for improved mobility.
- This boot falls under Hanwag’s category A/B of footwear, which means it may be used for both trail walking and long hikes as it is built with a combination of softness, lightness, and toughness. Its sturdy Vibram Endurance outsole is resolable, allowing users to replace it at a cost.
- Its stitched-on upper is made of nubuck leather. Its interior is engineered with the Air Pulse System, a kind of technology that gives the boot ample ventilation.
Size and fit
Hanwag’s Alta Bunion is a mid-cut day hiking boot for men and women. Its fit is adequately true to size for wearers with regular-width feet. It comes in a number of full and half sizes. The boot’s profile is formed around Hanwag’s special Bunion Last, providing extra room for bulging big toe joints. Its quick lacing system allows users to set their desired fit.
The boot’s closure system features a pair of lace hooks that are offset from the main eyelet path. When the laces set on these hooks are tightened correctly, wearers get a firmer heel fit.
Heavy-duty yet flexible
Hikers have the ability to plant their feet on tricky terrain thanks to the gear’s heavy-duty yet flexible outsole—the Vibram Endurance.
Excellent grip on soft-soiled surfaces
Its multi-shaped lugs supply users with adequate grip, especially over soft-soiled surfaces. The unit has ample flex to promote walking comfort.
Burly yet springy
Enabling users to gain a good footing on the trail with as much ground protection as possible is the Alta Bunion’s burly yet springy midsole. It’s a full-length cushioning component for extra comfort underfoot.
It also has additional shock absorbers placed at the ball of the foot and heel. Its heel zone is made considerably chunky to absorb shock on every landing. The cushioning it offers is doubled down by the boot’s default footbed.
Provides flexibility and pressure reduction
Hanwag’s Alta Bunion sports a stitched-on, waxed nubuck leather upper. Its liner is also made of leather, albeit a chromium-free kind. Over at its heel is an overlay that further reinforces the gear’s rearfoot section. Its mid-cut ankle cuff is padded for improved comfort, while its instep zone is imbued with soft leather for pressure reduction and added flexibility.
Traditional lace-up closure
The front closure is a traditional lace-up type with a combination of metallic eyelets.