2 Best Minimalist Running Shoes For Women in 2022
Stripping all unnecessary parts and going back to the basics is what minimalist running shoes are all about. This minimalist running principle gives women the feeling of just them and the ground under their feet, moving more freely and naturally throughout the run.
The barefoot experience that comes with minimalist running shoes has been a preference to many runners out there, letting them feel a little closer connection with the ground.
We have collected 10+ of these minimalist running shoes for women available in the market and tested them. If you’re out searching for the right minimalist shoe that suits your needs and budget, we have created a list of the best picks in five different categories exactly for you.
Overview of this guide
How we test running shoes
With today’s market overcrowded with max-cushioned running shoes, the minimalist counterparts are not that many to select from. But still, the few options that have on our list are still enough to give the barefoot feel and great value you seek in a minimalist shoe.
We come up with an extensive review for each model to pick out the best ones for specific categories:
- We buy the shoes in this collection with our own money. This is in line with our objective to remain unbiased in our views.
- Our testers run in each model of shoe for 30-50 miles on average and come back to us with an in-depth overview of its performance, fit, and comfort, among others.
- We measure over 30 different parameters by cutting each shoe into pieces at the RunRepeat lab. This is how we gather data to compare each shoe against the others.
- We also collect expert opinions and reviews from regular users on women’s minimalist shoes.
Finally, each pair of shoes is assigned a final rating using our CoreScore, ranging from 0 to 100. The top-rated models are featured on this list.
Best women's minimalist running shoes overall
What are the most popular women's minimalist running shoes in 2022?
- Xero Shoes HFS
- Xero Shoes Oswego
- Vibram FiveFingers KSO EVO
- Xero Shoes Speed Force
- Vibram FiveFingers V-Trail 2.0
What are the cheapest women's minimalist running shoes in 2022?
- Vibram FiveFingers V-Trail 2.0 - from $72
- Vibram FiveFingers KSO EVO - from $75
- Xero Shoes Oswego - from $100
- Xero Shoes Speed Force - from $110
- Xero Shoes HFS - from $120