4 Best Stability Trail Running Shoes in 2022
From enjoying your local trails to racing in rugged mountain terrain, we can help you find that perfect stability trail running shoe that matches your feet and stride. For trail runners with hyper-pronated feet, wearing the right stability shoe gives you more confidence for a comfortable, stable ride.
We’ve rounded up 20+ stability trail running shoes available in the market, from Salomon to Hoka One One to Asics. We tested all of them and selected our best picks in different categories, from the best overall and most popular options to best-cushioned and budget-friendliness.
Head on to have a quick look at our fantastic selections that deliver on value and meet whatever stability concerns you might have.
Overview of this guide
How we test trail running shoes
We spend hours on the trails and in our testing lab scrutinizing every single trail running shoe release. We even spend our own money to buy all the shoes on this list to stay unbiased and preserve the integrity of our comprehensive reviews.
- We cut the shoes into little pieces to see what makes them tick.
- We measure over 30 parameters of each model far beyond weight and stack.
- We test each model in various terrains, and in different training and racing conditions. We take them in short or long runs in the trails averaging 30 to 50 miles per pair.
- We gather more information from trail running experts and actual reviews from regular users. We put them in a summary to save your time.
Finally, all comparable data we’ve gathered are reflected in our CoreScore system, showing a number from 1 to 100 assigned to each model. This gives you the best idea of how a particular shoe is rated as compared to other brands.
Best stability trail running shoes overall
Best Asics stability trail running shoes
Best stability trail cushioned running shoes
What are the most popular stability trail running shoes in 2022?
- Salomon XA Pro 3D V8
- La Sportiva Bushido II
- Asics Gel Kahana 8
- Asics Gel Trabuco 9
- Salomon XA Pro 3D V8 GTX
- Saucony Guide 13 TR
- Adidas Supernova Trail
What are the cheapest stability trail running shoes in 2022?
- Asics Gel Kahana 8 - from $60
- Salomon XA Pro 3D V8 - from $70
- Saucony Guide 13 TR - from $71
- Adidas Supernova Trail - from $90
- La Sportiva Bushido II - from $98
- Asics Gel Trabuco 9 - from $123
- Salomon XA Pro 3D V8 GTX - from $128