5 Best High Top Basketball Shoes in 2022
High-top basketball shoes is the first thing that comes to mind when conversations go into hooping. After all, the iconic Chuck Taylors, which are among the first shoes produced for basketball, were glorious high tops. Also, players like Michael Jordan, LeBron James, and Stephen Curry love their shoes high or mid.
It must be noted here, however, that high-tops don't provide more support than low-tops as previously thought. Getting one over the other is not just a matter of preference.
Still, dozens of high-tops flood the market, and choosing the right pair can be a chore. To make things easier for you, we present here the best high-top basketball shoes that we can find.
How we test basketball shoes
We've all seen sponsored content, and creators tend to be kinder to those who sponsor them. This is a clear bias and one that we want to avoid. Hence, we see to it that the high-tops that we review aren't freebies from anyone. We always purchase them using our own money.
We also do the following to reduce bias as much as possible:
- Use these high-tops in actual games to really see how they perform
- Consider other testers' reviews to verify or further inform our own
The result is a Corescore from 0 to 100 which helps us to rank and compare all of the tested high-top basketball shoes.
Best high top basketball shoes overall
Best Nike high top basketball shoes
Best Adidas high top basketball shoes
Best Jordan high top basketball shoes
What are the most popular high top basketball shoes in 2022?
- Nike Lebron 19
- Adidas Yeezy BSKTBL Knit
- Air Jordan 1 Retro High
- Air Jordan Legacy 312
- Reebok Shaqnosis
- Converse All Star Pro BB
- New Balance OMN1S
- Reebok Shaq Attaq
- Nike AlphaDunk
- Air Jordan XXXI
- Jordan Flyknit Elevation 23
- Reebok Answer DMX
- Reebok Mobius
- Puma Legacy
- Adidas Pro Bounce 2019
What are the cheapest high top basketball shoes in 2022?
- Puma Legacy - from $40
- Adidas Crazy BYW X - from $40
- Adidas Pro Bounce 2019 - from $47
- New Balance OMN1S - from $60
- Adidas Posterize - from $65
- Converse All Star Pro BB - from $68
- Adidas N3XT L3V3L 2020 - from $70
- Reebok Iverson Legacy - from $78
- Nike AlphaDunk - from $80
- Nike Air Zoom UNVRS FlyEase - from $86
- Adidas Adizero Rose 1 Retro - from $100
- Reebok Mobius - from $110
- Adidas Yeezy BSKTBL Knit - from $114
- Reebok Shaqnosis - from $120
- Nike Lebron 19 - from $125