5 Best Butora Climbing Shoes in 2023
Head out on your next adventure wearing any of these highly-rated Butora climbing shoes. Started in South Korea in 2014, the Butora brand is relatively new in the climbing scene. But it has gained a strong following from climbers around the world for its remarkable products.
Butora is a Korean word for “persistence and determination." This is apt for climbers who are serious about their journey to just go for it. For performance-boosting kicks, go for Butora Acro. For entry-level climbers, the budget-friendly Butora Endeavor is definitely a good choice.
For this guide, we’ve listed all the best Butora climbing shoes available in the market today. We’ve also reviewed and ranked all the models to help you make an informed buying decision. Check out the top models below that are picked by our team of seasoned climbers.
How we test climbing shoes
We provide athletes and enthusiasts with an extensive selection of athletic footwear for their needs. We’ve analyzed and tested the Butora shoes inside the RunRepeat shoe testing lab. We take the shoes to trad climbing or bouldering to assess their actual strength and performance.
Here are the steps involved:
- We buy the climbing kicks from the Butora brand. We invest our own money to ensure that all the reviews are 100% BS-free and objective.
- We put in the hours of climbing in the local park boulder or in the gym to get a first-hand feel of the footwear’s comfort, heel-hooking ability, traction, durability, closure system, versatility, and many more.
- We subject all the Butora kicks to the wear and tear of climbing to come up with their ratings.
- We gather additional insights from feedback given by pro climbers, other testers, and climbing aficionados.
Lastly, all the Butora climbing shoes are graded accordingly based on available data. See their respective CoreScore featured on this page.
Best Butora climbing shoes overall
- Top 28% in climbing shoes
- Top 17% in Butora climbing shoes
- Top 27% most popular climbing shoes
- Extremely comfortable
- Remarkably sticky
- Excellent hooking abilities
- Exemplary bouldering prowess
- Nice piece of investment
- Excellent performance on overhangs
- Too roomy
- Lack of sensitivity
Best Butora intermediate climbing shoes
- Amazing heel and toe-hooking capabilities
- Astonishing edging prowess
- Admirable smearing capabilities
- Brilliant sensitivity
- Super impressive grippy outsole
- Lack of outsole durability
- Outdated design
Best Butora beginner climbing shoes
- Top 28% most popular climbing shoes
- Insane stickiness on most types of surfaces
- Through-the-roof comfiness
- Heel hooks like a champ
- Sensitive climb-centric
- Exemplary flexibility
- Unimpressive edging capabilities
Best Butora advanced climbing shoes
- Outstanding level of comfort
- Performs well on cracks
- Offers extra padding at the tongue
- Remarkable value for money
- Offers width options
- Pleasant next-to-skin feel
- Excellent for multi-pitch routes
- Amazing craftsmanship
- Long break-in period
- Does not work well in pocketed areas
- Top 12% in neutral climbing shoes
- Top 17% in climbing shoes for beginners
- Enchantingly comfortable
- Provides odor protection
- Recommendable for beginners
- Offers minimal stretch
- Lack of grip performance
- Poor heel-hooking ability
- Straps don't hold up well