10 Best Beginner Climbing Shoes (Buyer's Guide)
If you are new to climbing—whether indoor or outdoor—you need a nice pair of entry-level climbing shoes. It is best to have a reliable gear with you that won’t let you down. Many of the best beginner climbing shoes are all-around kicks. These types are capable of handling anything you throw at it. Its aim is to provide comfort, allowing you to focus on the task at hand while letting you enhance your climbing ability.
How we test and review beginner climbing shoes
RunRepeat aims to give you what you need (and not what you THINK you need). Thus, we are here to give you a list of top-rated beginner-friendly climbing kicks based on opinions from both would-be and skilled climbers. Not only that, but we made it a point as well to calculate and give each one a CoreScore. The scores are there to help you easily gauge the likeability of each shoe.
Ranking of the 10 best beginner climbing shoes
Based on 2,517 user ratings 87 expert reviews
- #1Evolv The General99Great!46 reviews
- #2Boreal Joker Plus99Great!19 reviews
- #3Black Diamond Momentum Lace96Great!292 reviews
- #4Boreal Diabolo94Great!11 reviews
- #5Five Ten Moccasym94Great!21 reviews
- #6Millet Rock Up93Great!20 reviews
- #7Scarpa Helix92Great!245 reviews
- #8Evolv Nighthawk92Great!71 reviews
- #9La Sportiva Finale2 colors91Great!283 reviews
- #10Five Ten Rogue VCS90Great!313 reviews
Here is a list of all 34 beginner climbing shoes, where you can sort by “best rated” and apply filters.
Top 5 most popular climbing shoes
Popular climbing shoes aren't the better rated ones
The best beginner climbing shoes in every category
- Best La Sportiva beginner climbing shoe: La Sportiva Finale (#83 overall)
- Best Evolv beginner climbing shoe: Evolv The General (#16 overall)
- Best Mad Rock beginner climbing shoe: Mad Rock Weaver (#110 overall)
- Best cheap beginner climbing shoe: Boreal Joker Lace (#43 overall)
- Best Five Ten beginner climbing shoe: Five Ten Moccasym (#55 overall)
- Best Scarpa beginner climbing shoe: Scarpa Helix (#72 overall)
- Best x-wide beginner climbing shoe: Boreal Joker Plus (#15 overall)
- Best Ocun beginner climbing shoe: Ocun Strike QC (#97 overall)
Now, are you ready to buy beginner climbing shoes?