Who should buy the Garmont Santiago Mid GTX
The Garmont Santiago Mid GTX is a pair of day hiking boots ideal for outdoor enthusiasts who don’t mind a disliked aspect of its design. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that can make the hiker enjoy everyday outdoor activities.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers amazing comfort and ventilation.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides stability and ground adaptation.
Updates to :name
- This lightweight, above-the-ankle hiker from Garmont is created for on-trail and off-trail adventures as well as everyday outdoor activities. It has suede leather with a breathable mesh upper. Its Gore-Tex lining and the brand’s Anatomically Directed Design (a.d.d.) feature help enhance comfort.
- The Santiago component set includes a Vibram outsole made of Megagrip compound. This unit includes a dual-density EVA midsole and a shank for support. An EVA footbed is added to promote comfort and cushioning.
Size and fit
Catering to male and female hikers, the Santiago Mid GTX from Garmont fairly runs true to size. It is built on the Performance Fit last which offers more room at the instep and forefoot. The toe box is wide enough to allow toe splay and yield enhanced propulsion. Its lace-to-toe closure renders a supportive, snug fit.
Equipped by Vibram S1381 and renders grip on wet and dry surfaces
The Garmont Santiago Mid GTX is equipped with a Vibram S1381 outsole which grips on wet and dry surfaces. It is made of Megagrip compound which offers stability and flexibility. The arrangement of the lugs across the sole enhances sensitivity for optimal ground adaptation.
Enjoy a stable ride with Garmont Santiago Mid GTX
An EVA footbed is placed above the bi-density expanded EVA midsole. These components aim to render lightweight cushioning and optimal comfort. The anti-torsional shank on the midsole provides rigidity and support for a more stable ride
All-day comfort and waterproofing
Garmont combined a hard-wearing 1.6 mm suede leather and breathable nylon mesh on the upper of the Santiago Mid GTX. A non-insulated Gore-Tex Extended Comfort laminate provides all-day comfort and waterproofing. A toe bumper renders additional protection while a heel lock helps prevent blisters.
Provides excellent edging performance
As part of the patented Anatomically Directed Design (a.d.d.), this mid-cut day hiking boot has an asymmetrical cuff for better edging. Another component is the anatomical tongue which conforms to the shape of the top of the foot for comfort. Also, there are differential ankle pads that provide rearfoot stability. Finally, precision lacing with combination eyelets allows the foot to flex freely.