|Features:||Lightweight | Orthotic friendly | Zero drop | Breathable|
|Weight:||Men: 289g | Women: 255g|
|Width:||Normal, Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Fit:||Wide toe box|
|Material:||Mesh upper, Vegan, Rubber sole|
Reviews from around the internet
- 90/100 by RunRepeat (3 in-depth reviews)
- 95/100 by The Wrist Watch Review
- 100/100 by Coach Helder
- 100/100 by Xero Shoes
- 100/100 by Backwoods Gear Review
- 100/100 by Melissa - Jonathan Sinclair
- 100/100 by 50 Campfires
- 100/100 by Xero Shoes
- 100/100 by Elemental Fitness UKFR
- 100/100 by Go Adventure Mom
- 100/100 by Spotter Up
- 98/100 by LEAP n2u Fitness
- 98/100 by Rob Boyland
- 98/100 by Thrifty Nifty Mommy
- 95/100 by Kit Cassingham
- 95/100 by Greg Denning
- 94/100 by A Couple of Cados
- 90/100 by Naturally Inspired
- 85/100 by Neemor's World
- 82/100 by Origin Forager
- 80/100 by Trekbible
- 75/100 by Bob's Adventure Blog
- 60/100 by NatureOutside
Video reviews and unboxing
- Xero Shoes designed the DayLite Hiker to accompany wearers on their outdoor adventures—whether hiking, trekking or just going around town. Its protective upper is primarily made of ballistic mesh with a Tough Tech toe guard.
- This minimalist hiker has a zero heel-to-toe drop, promoting natural posture. Additionally, its grippy and flexible FeelTrue sole allows the foot to move and flex naturally.
The DayLite Hiker from Xero Shoes caters to male and female outdoor lovers. It is offered in standard width and regular sizes. According to the brand, this pair runs small. Hence, they recommend getting a whole size up than the wearer’s usual size. The men’s version is a tad wider across the toe and heel area while the women’s variant has a narrower heel zone and less roomy toe box.
The Huarache-inspired heel strap is connected to the boot’s lacing system to hold the foot firmly and prevent heel slippage. Also, the instep straps are adjustable to allow users to customize the tension and volume in the forefoot area.
The Xero Shoes DayLite Hiker employs a 6 mm FeelTrue outsole. This flexible material protects the foot while allowing it to have a natural feel of the ground. Its low-to-the-ground design balances and stabilizes each stride even on bumpy grounds. The chevron lugs allow it to bite on various types of terrain.
Atop the sole unit is an insole for cushioning. It is removable so that users can feel more connected to the ground.
The upper of the DayLite Hiker features a water-resistant ballistic mesh. It has a Tough Tech toe bumper which helps protect the foot against accidental knocks on the trail. Its front closure includes synthetic laces, webbing eyelets and a metal loop at the top.
- This boot uses vegan-friendly materials.
- Xero Shoes offers a 5000-mile sole warranty for this boot where they replace the worn out FeelTrue outsole for a cost.