|Base model:||Salewa Mountain Trainer|
|Weight:||Men: 670g | Women: 550g|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Material:||Rubber sole, Suede, Vibram sole, Leather|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey|
|SKUs:||63458472, 63458974, 634110943, 634150790, 634584720|
Reviews from around the internet
- 60/100 by RunRepeat
- 100/100 by The Adventure Blog
- 90/100 by Gear Institute
- 83/100 by GROUGH
- 100/100 by Wired for Adventure
- 62/100 by OutdoorGearLab
- 100/100 by Ginger Adventurez
- 100/100 by HighAngleHunter.com
- 100/100 by Outsider
- 100/100 by Brown Gal Trekker
- 90/100 by Kevin Flint
- 85/100 by In Shape Explorer
- 80/100 by Best Hiking Shoes
- 80/100 by 4 All Outdoors
- 78/100 by What's the Best
- 75/100 by UKClimbing
- Salewa took it up a notch when they approached mountain guides and learned about their experiences. They addressed the most common complaint by updating the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX.
- With the notion that descent is the hardest part of a hike, Salewa has adapted the Flex Collar and Bilight midsole to this pair. These technologies work together to aid in easier descent. The Flex Collar promotes plantar flexion while the ergonomic design of Bilight midsole makes it shock absorbent.
- The revamped version now uses Gore-Tex Performance Comfort from the previous Gore-Tex Extended Comfort. Both offer waterproofing. However, the update renders moderate insulation. The new membrane is suitable for different seasons.
- Previously, Salewa utilized the Vibram Approach Sole. The updated version is now equipped with the Vibram Wrapping Thread Combi (WTC). It has a low-profile look that renders optimal traction. The improvements of this hiking boot caused an increase in weight. Both the men's and the women's versions are about 20 grams heavier.
The Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX is offered in standard whole and half sizes for both men and women. It comes in medium width. This backpacking boot features the Climbing Lacing system which allows users to customize their fit. It has a to-the-toe lacing for a precise adjustment for support and optimum performance. It generally runs true to size.
The Salewa exclusive Vibram Wrapping Thread Combi (WTC) powers the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX. This lightweight component has a minimalistic design and aggressive lugs. These qualities enable the users to have a natural feel of the ground while rendering traction and walkability.
With the mid stiff nylon insole and Bilight midsole, this hiking boot is able to provide support and comfort. The Bilight midsole is designed to be extra flexible while offering more cushioning in the heel area. It is a shock absorbent component. Its design prevents the boot from sliding when taking on steep terrains.
Accommodating a broader range of foot shapes and sizes is the Multi Fit Footbed plus (MFF+). This component has a customizable layer that conforms to the volume of the users’ foot.
The non-toxic, all-natural technology used in the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX to prevent odor is the Cleansport NXT. It destroys the odor-causing bacteria that are activated every time sweat is present on foot. These microbes remain dormant until reactivated by perspiration.
Using a 1.6mm suede leather and wear-resistant fabric in its upper, the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX provides flexibility and durability. Suede leathers are known to be long-lasting and light. The 360-degree full rubber rand that surrounds the backpacking boot's upper strengthens its construction.
The 3F system creates a connection on the heel, instep and the ankle to contain the heel securely in place. Also known as the Salewa “Y,” this technology renders ankle support, flexibility and precise fit.
The ergonomic design of the Flex Collar takes care of the comfort during descents. It promotes the ankle’s rear range of motion thus eliminating foot fatigue. It does not inhibit plantar flexion of the foot. In a standing position, plantar flexion is when the foot is pointing down and away from the leg. Being able to perform plantar flexion freely, along with proper strengthening of the lower leg muscles mitigates injuries.
The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort takes care of waterproofing and breathability. It offers moderate insulation to retain heat when needed. Its comfort is felt in a wide range of outdoor conditions.