- At a glance, the Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is an exact replica of its firm ground variation. Donning a synthetic upper designed with net-like texturing, this soccer cleat is meant to offer a soft yet more structured version of its high-tier counterpart. The diamond-shaped texture mimics the Netfit technology popularized by the Future lineup. However, it serves a different function which is to add visual appeal and enhancement to ball touch.
- Instead of the actual Netfit lacing, this soccer cleat uses a traditional lace-up closure to allow players to personalize the fit. The one-wrap tongue from the Spandex sock extension further increases the comfort as it is installed below the lacing system.
- The Spandex extension is a one-piece cleatie construction that follows the shape of the foot just like a sock. It is extended on the ankle area as a mid top collar that produces supportive fit for the lower leg. It also doubles as a protective element by preventing debris from entering the shoe.
- Labeled as the “hyFG” soccer cleat, the base of this soccer cleat is engineered with a reactive hybrid outsole. Its construction is meant to stride excellently on both natural and artificial grass with the placement of its conical and bladed studs.
The Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is offered in standard sizes for men ranging from 6 to 13. The Spandex sock extension offers an elastic yet supportive fit through its one-piece construction. Meanwhile, the synthetic upper material maintains the overall softness of the soccer cleat. The central lacing system offers customizability in terms of fit. This may not be ideal for players with wide feet due to its synthetic material. Getting a half size up was the recommendation of some users.
The Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is built with a reactive outsole composed of hybrid studs. Six conical studs dominate the forefoot area to assist in pivotal motions while four bladed studs are arranged in the center to even out the stud pressure. The thirteen-stud configuration is designed to flexibly work on both artificial and natural grass courts.
The upper of the Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is designed to resemble its firm ground and soft ground variations. The synthetic material is styled with a net-like texturing that serves as a visual aesthetic for the soccer cleat. Although it does not function just like the Netfit lacing technology, the multiple diamonds are there to aid in pinpointing accurate shots.
The Spandex extension is formed into a sock-like construction. On the ankle area, it is a mid-height collar that brings support to the lower leg while on the midfoot, it is formed into a one-wrap tongue that increases the overall comfort of the shoe.
The rear area of this soccer cleat is a smooth synthetic finish that carries the Puma branding. The midfoot has a central lacing that allows players to personalize the fit.
- This hyFG soccer cleat is also available in firm and soft ground variations such as the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG, Puma Future 18.4 FG ,and Puma Future 18.4 SG.