Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground wears a unique design that deviates from the usual Mercurial. The Swoosh has made a radical move with this new-generation cleat that is crafted for players that have speed as their best ally.
- For its upper, Nike has fitted the firm ground version of the Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite with a one-piece microtextured Flyknit. The material offers a snug wrap around the foot. It also ushers in a clean and close ball touch that gives wearers better control of the ball. Meanwhile, the ACC (All Conditions Control) ensures that touch is kept consistent no matter the weather conditions.
- This soccer cleat also utilizes a Nikegrip top cloth that helps give a locked-in fit. The fit is further enhanced by a central lacing system that also allows for some personalization. Additionally, a heel lining also helps provide stability for the foot.
- The base of this soccer cleat highlights a podular plate that is lightweight and functional. This type of sole unit mimics the shape of the foot for the best possible fit. Chevron studs attached to the plate deliver traction that facilitates quick moves on the firm ground.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground comes in both men’s and women’s standard sizes. It has a regular width and is known to fit true to size. This Mercurial boasts a form-fitting wraparound Flyknit upper. Moreover, the central laces also help give a personalized fit to match the wearers' preference.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground wears a microtextured Flyknit upper set in a one-piece construction. The stretchy Flyknit hugs the foot in a form-fitting wrap that gives a barefoot sensation. It also caters a close ball feel that improves ball control. With Nike’s ACC treatment on the upper, touch is kept consistent whether in dry or wet conditions.
Nike has also equipped this soccer cleat with its Nikegrip technology that works to lock the foot in place. A heel lining also reinforces stability. Additionally, the shoe utilizes a central lacing system to give wearers the option of a personalized fit.
For its outsole, the brand has engineered this soccer cleat to have a two-piece podular plate. This soleplate is made to be lightweight and highly functional, facilitating speed, which is what the cleat is intended for. Underneath, chevron studs are placed on the heel and the forefoot. These studs offer reliable traction by way of rapid acceleration and breaking on the firm ground pitch.
- This soccer cleat weighs 6.6 ounces.
- It comes in a Black/Challenge Red/Metallic Silver colorway and a White/Metallic Cool Gray/Total Orange colorway.