Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- With the advent of the FlyKnit technology in the soccer world, Nike has transformed firm ground cleats, such as in the Magista series, into elements of optimized fit and ball touch. The Magista Obra II DF Elite FG, for one, has been a great example of cleats with enhanced comfortability. The said technology has made this cleat a powerhouse of breathability and support.
- With its stretchable feel strengthened by All Conditions Control (ACC) technology, the second version of Magista Obra DF Elite FG is another Nike innovation suit to withstand wet and dry conditions but still guarantees superb ball control. The same protective technology is found in the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG and Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground.
- Its Dynamic Fit Collar is interestingly one of the outstanding features of this soccer cleat. Visually, the mid-cut collar is enhanced with an embossed ankle support with a thick stretchable knit material and is shaped to provide more coverage.
- Another upgraded component to this soccer cleat is the stud. The dual pattern stud system is apparently setting the stands much higher for the soleplate stability. It is coupled with an internal heel counter and removable mesh liner insole for a perfect lockdown fit.
The Magista Obra II DF Elite FG is available in sizes 4 to 14 for men’s version and sizes 5.5 to 15.5 for women’s. The stretchable FlyKnit upper of the soccer cleat makes it a perfect fit for both narrow and wide-footed players.
Apart from the fact that the Magista Obra II DF Elite FG is much lighter compared to its predecessor, traction has also been one of the greatest improvements for this version. A new rotational forefoot system is applied to aid in quicker pace especially in changing directions. Indeed, another update intended for agility.
The stud length is noticeably shorter for firm ground cleats. Its pattern is a combination of half circular studs and chevron-shaped studs. It is functionally, a merger of stability and acceleration.
The soleplate is made from a stiffer (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) TPU construction compared to other Nike soccer cleats. Its firmness is not restrictive at all. It is simply meant to balance durability and flexibility.
Consistent with its predecessor, the Magista Obra II DF Elite FG still utilizes a FlyKnit upper in a tongue-less mid-cut design. What sets this model apart is the remarkable innovations done to level up the performance of the shoe apparent with its novel look. The knitted texture that looks like bumps is seen forming the upper in a very fancy yet functional way.
Thicker padding is observed in the midfoot, and the lateral side of the forefoot as these are the areas that are frequently touching the ball. It is intentionally constructed to enhance ball control and sock-like sensation. The padded textured feel does not in any way lessen breathability. In fact, the FlyKnit upper is designed to improve that aspect.
The FlyWire cables are also visible and are attached to the off-centered laces. It brings comfortable fit and internal support.
Another similar feature to its original version is the Dynamic Fit Collar, but this time, it is revamped to provide more benefits. The rounded shape is contoured to support the ankles and connect the foot to the lower leg smoothly. The back area is dipped lower to allow more fluid movement of the foot. Overall, the coherent elements in Magista Obra II DF Elite FG have brought a powerful upper that is made to amplify playmaking, as what its tagline suggests.
- Nike Magista Obra II DF Elite FG is available in the following colors: Light Armory Blue/Armory Blue/Armory Navy, Laser Orange/White/Volt/Black, Black/Cool Grey/Stadium Green/White
- Radiation Flare and Motion Blur Pack are some of its design variations.
- This soccer cleat is formerly known as the Magista Obra II FG.