Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Learning from its predecessor, Nike made a lot of changes with the third generation Hypervenom cleat. Starting with the upper, the Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground shoe features a full Flyknit upper. A first for the Hypervenom line, this material allows for more flexibility.
- As the name suggests, this soccer shoe features the Dynamic Fit (DF) collar. The cut of the collar is quite unique as it is more angled to create a more sock-like feel.
- For additional lockdown, Flywire cables that wrap around the midfoot has been integrated into the lacing system of the cleat. This setup gives the user more adjustability.
- Strategically placed and mostly lining the strike zone of this soccer cleat are PORON foam pads. With this technology, Nike aims to create a more powerful shot.
- The All Conditions Control Technology is also present in this model to make sure optimum control is present even in wet conditions.
- Also, Nike uses a HyperReactive plate in this firm ground soccer shoe. The material used is more pliable and allows for a more natural foot movement. In addition to this, the cleat provides good traction through its conical and chevron studs.
The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground has a comfortable fit and is true to size. It is available in men and women’s sizes. Men’s sizes are available from 6 to 12.5 while women can choose from sizes 7.5 to 14. A central lacing system is also found in this firm ground model, similar to the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 and the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite.
The outsole of this soccer cleat features HyperReactive plate which is designed to become more flexible. With the ability to bend in numerous directions, it creates a more natural feel to the foot.
The studs used are a combination chevron and conical for maximum traction. The Chevron studs, particularly, are designed for multidirectional movements and acceleration.
The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground cleat features a full Flyknit upper. This material offers a comfortable, sock-like fit while keeping the coverage breathable.
Additionally, to provide structure to the upper, as well as to maintain ball control in wet conditions, the All Conditions Control technology is present.
Flywire cables run through narrow outlets found in the upper that are rooted in the sole of the soccer cleat. An asymmetrical lacing system has also been incorporated into the cables that wrap the midfoot area of the cleat. This combination gives the user adjustability to create a better fit and lockdown of the shoe.
The strike zone has been enhanced with PORON foam pads with a thickness of 2mm. This foam is rate-dependent which means softer impacts would result in a softer reaction while hard impacts would result in the foam firming up and creating a pinging sensation without a padded feel.
Lastly, Nike chooses a tongueless design to minimize distractions.
- This soccer cleat is available in several colorways including Black/ Game Royal/ White and Light Armory Blue/ Armory Blue/ Hot Punch/ Armory Navy.
- The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground was formerly called the “Nike Hypervenom Phantom III DF Firm Ground”