Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The upper of the New Balance Furon 2.0 features FantomFit technology and TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) hybrid mesh. FantomFit is New Balance’s distinct upper material that does not involve any sewing. It is a fusion of premium materials that are ultimately designed to create a thin and light feel. The goal of this technology incorporated in the hybrid mesh is to offer foot support that blends to the shape of the foot, a quality that was particularly missing from Furon 1.0 Pro. The same material is also incorporated in New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground.
- Other notable features from the original version were still retained such as the RevLite insole padding. This non-removable insole innovation is engineered to be much lighter than the other New Balance internal cushioning. With this extra lightness, the underfoot experience is likely to feel comfortable and responsive.
- Another feature included in this cleat is the ultra-directional stud configuration. Retaining this nylon bio-mechanical stud pattern sets the pace for a better upper and outsole combination. It is specifically constructed to gain aggressive traction. The triangular studs similar to the ones found in Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground, also allow fast acceleration.
- Aiming to mimic the shoe mechanism in sprinting, New Balance engineered a low-cut ankle collar that is shaped to allow more freedom for feet movement that involves the ankles. Ankle sprains are quite common in soccer and having this unique component can certainly help prevent unwanted injuries. Extra cushion is seen below the joint ball and is bordered with a thin synthetic material fused together to provide more room for movement. A cleat made for speed should definitely have this handy.
The New Balance Furon 2.0 Pro Firm Ground is available in men’s sizes, from 7.5 to 13. Standard and Wide fit variations are both available.
Like the original version, the Furon 2.0 Firm Ground cleat has a bio-mechanical stud configuration. Also known as ultra-directional studs, the shoe has two triangular heel studs and eight forefoot studs. Four of the forefoot studs are situated at the tip of the toes to produce solid ground penetration.
In the nylon soleplate are also the textured studs. From the lateral view, they look like miniature studs designed for the same purpose.
The Furon 2.0 Pro FG upper material is a hybrid mesh made from polyester and TPU. These are yarns that are woven together to produce a knitted cleat look. It comes with a water-resistant layer that makes this soccer cleat’s texture smoother and softer. The lack of synthetic layer brings about a much thinner sensation giving a sock-like feel when touching the ball.
- The Spanish professional player Jesus Navas is the main endorser for this soccer cleat. In one of his interviews, he said that he finds this cleat flexible especially for a winger like him whose style of game is based on pace and speed.