|Update:||Merrell Moab FST 2|
|Features:||Lightweight | Breathable|
|Weight:||Men: 381g | Women: 323g|
|Width:||Normal, Wide | Normal|
|Material:||Leather, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Grey, Red|
|SKUs:||J35779, J35785, J35787, J36927, J37174, J37176, J37178, J37611, J37615, J37774|
Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Merrell created a lighter version of its popular day hiking shoe, and the result is the Moab FST. Forming the upper of this footwear are TPU overlays and mesh for breathability.. It can also render protection with its bellows tongue and an upfront adjustment thru its pull tabs located on the heel and top of the tongue.
- Its midsole uses a contoured EVA footbed with M Select FIT.ECO. This delivers support, cushioning and keeps the feet fresh by breaking down odor. Further support is provided by the molded nylon shank. The Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock from impacts.
- Known to be grippy on surfaces, Merrell has incorporated the Vibram Megagrip to these shoes. This compound is developed and designed to perform on a variety of outdoor activities.
The Merrell Moab FST men’s version is offered in both medium and wide widths. The women’s variant comes in medium width only. Users can achieve a snug fit through the lace-up closure of the shoe.
Merrell Moab FST utilizes the Vibram Megagrip outsole that has a 5mm lug depth. It is deliberately designed to be moldable in different ways to meet the diverse needs of users. It is known to for its grip on a variety of surfaces and its sticky yet wear-resistant compound.
The midsole of the Moab FST features Merrell’s M Select FIT.ECO blended EVA foam. It cradles the foot for support and cushioning. This footbed is also infused with an odor control formula that helps in maintaining the freshness of the in-shoe environment.
The molded nylon arch shank gives stability to users. Shanks promote correct gait and support the arches of the foot. With a nylon shank, this shoe also renders flexibility. The air cushion in the heel minimizes the impact by attenuating shock.
Merrell Moab FST maintains a breathable upper through its mesh and TPU construction. Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is known for its high tensile strength and abrasion resistance. The TPU overlays add structure to the shoe.
This Merrell hiking shoe features a bellows tongue for added protection against debris. It has the classic lace-up closure, which together with the pull tabs on the heel and the top of the tongue, allows a smoother fit adjustment.
- The successor of this model is the Moab FST 2.
- In cleaning and caring for the shoe, the brand recommends brushing surface dirt with a soft bristled brush regularly. In cases of an extended, rugged use, wash with mild soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly. Remove the insoles and laces. Let them dry separately. Do not expose to heat.
- Moab means Mother of All Boots.
- FST means Fit + Superior Traction.