|Base model:||Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator|
|Weight:||Men: 506g | Women: 452g|
|Width:||Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Material:||Mesh upper, Rubber sole, Suede, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Brown, Green, Grey|
|SKUs:||J06051, J06052, J06053, J06054, J06055, J06056, J06058, J06065, J06072, J42481|
Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- With its sturdy build and modern technologies, the mid-cut day hiking boot delivers comfort, traction, and durability. The Vibram TC5+ outsole works together with the 5mm deep lugs to provide grip suited to challenging terrains.
- In its midsole, the M Select FIT.ECO footbed along with the EVA midsole offers customized cushioning. While the contoured cushion provides comfort to the user, it does not compromise the responsiveness and keeps the whole setup energy efficient. The cushioning itself is fairly flexible; however, the right amount of stiffness is ensured with the help of the molded nylon arch to protect the underfoot.
- The performance suede and mesh upper has a neat appearance and is breathable. The M Select DRY keeps away the unwanted moisture, and the bellows tongue protects the foot from debris and small rocks encountered while hiking.
The Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof is for men and women and comes in medium and wide widths. The lace-up closure keeps the fit snug throughout the hike, and the semi-curved shape of the forefoot region enables adaptation to the hiker’s natural foot movements. The close-fitting wrap of the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof prevents the foot from sliding or chafing against the internal walls of the boot and saves the user from blisters. The comfort is further enhanced by the padded collar and tongue.
The Vibram® TC5+ outsole is both durable and resistant to abrasions. Also, it provides the needed traction on a variety of terrains. The outsole works in synergy with the 5mm deep lugs to maintain a firm grip on surfaces which are very slippery.
In the midsole, the M Select FIT.ECO provides an optimal combination of comfort and flexibility. It comes in the form of a contoured ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) cushion with additional reinforcement in the heel region and the zonal arch for added support and stability. Moreover, the molded nylon arch shank adds stiffness to the midsole. The feature protects the underfoot from the small rocks and stones jutting out of the earth, thereby acting as a buffer against impact forces.
The Merrell Air Cushion is another feature of the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof which increases the load-bearing capacity of the heel section. It is the sealed air unit placed in the heel region of the hiking boot and can absorb four times the weight of an individual when aligned correctly with the foot. It makes the walk stable and comfortable, especially on treacherous terrains.
The breathable mesh upper with suede leather permits a free inflow and outflow of air through the material and maintains an adequately ventilated atmosphere inside the hiking boot. The moisture-wicking technology of the M Select DRY keeps out the unwanted water and allows for any moisture inside the shoe to escape. The feature keeps the user’s foot comfortably dry during the hike.
The mid-cut height of the Merell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof provides ankle support. It protects the ankle from twisting. The wide folding bellows tongue attached to the upper prevents debris from entering the shoe. The component also increases comfort provided by the footgear. Moreover, the boot houses the mesh lining on the inner side of its upper. The purpose of this material is to provide a soft feel against the foot. The rubber toe cap in the front region gives additional security against rocks, roots, and other obstructions frequently encountered on the trail.
- Moab means “Mother of All Boots,” according to Merrell.
- This product comes in a low-top, breathable option: the Merrell Moab 2 Vent.