Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Venice II H2 allows outdoor enthusiasts to experience water hiking trips with comfort, support, and grip. The Venice H2’s successor features an updated upper with mesh windows for optimal breathability. It’s also treated with Cleansport NXT technology to counter odor-causing microbes and keep the wearer’s foot fresh.
- Just like its predecessor, the KEEN Venice II H2 cushions the user’s stride with its compression-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. That said, this version comes with an ESS shank for added support and rigidity, in place of one made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) found in the first edition.
- Keeping the wearer stable over uneven terrain is the KEEN Venice II H2’s non-marking rubber outsole. Also, the designers removed the pull tab at the back in this iteration.
The KEEN Venice II H2 is a closed-toe hiking sandal that caters to female adventurers. It is offered in standard width and comes in whole and half size. Wearers can personalize its fit with the use of a secure fit lace capture system and an adjustable heel strap. Moreover, this footgear runs relatively true to size.
This women’s hiking sandal from KEEN employs a non-marking rubber outsole to deliver traction. The component’s ability to render grip on virtually all types of terrain comes largely from its arrow-shaped lugs. Its front end contains several grooves which grant added control when tackling downhill conditions. The outsole also extends towards the toes to provide protection from stubbing.
The KEEN Venice II H2’s compression-molded EVA midsole is designed to yield lightweight cushioning, responsiveness, and shock reduction. It works in tandem with an ESS shank to create rigidity and support.
This KEEN product is equipped with a metatomical footbed made of EVA foam. It is anatomically crafted to cradle the natural contours of the user’s foot and provide it with arch support.
KEEN’s Venice II H2 features an upper made of polyester webbing. It’s coated with a PFC-free water repellent solution for added protection from the elements. Breathability is delivered by its mesh windows.
The sandal’s secure-fit lace capture system uses several eyelets and a toggle. These components work with an adjustable heel strap for fit management. A pull tab is found on the top of the tongue for easy on and off.
These two sandal models from KEEN are crafted exclusively for female hikers. Both of these closed-toe models use an upper made of polyester fabric. The Whisper features several vent holes for breathability while the Venice II H2 employs mesh panels to achieve the same benefit. The latter has a larger toe cap than the former which yields added robustness and forefoot protection. Moreover, the KEEN Whisper’s pull tab is located at the back, unlike the Venice II H2, which has one on its tongue.
Both of these KEEN hiking sandals come with compression-molded midsoles and metatomical footbeds made of EVA foam for cushioning, stability, and arch support. They are also treated with Cleansport NXT - a technology that combats microbes to keep the wearer’s foot fresh. For rigidity, the Venice II H2 uses an ESS shank while the Whisper has one made of TPU.
These closed-toe sandals from KEEN are fitted with rubber outsoles to help the user stay grounded on various trails. The Venice II H2’s outsole has arrow-shaped lugs to deliver grip while the Whisper comes with an irregular lug pattern for traction.
- This KEEN water sandal can be cleaned by hand or with the use of a washing machine.
- Set the machine on a gentle cycle while using a small amount of detergent to clean the KEEN Venice II H2.
- Place this footgear in an airy spot to dry after washing it.