Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Stemming from a design idea by Alan Gerrand and Cobalt Niche, Concave soccer cleats have differentiated itself from the rest due to its concept. Aptly named Concave, the brand’s line of soccer cleats sport a concave element that creates, you guessed it, a concave shape when hitting the ball.
- It’s no accident that this model is dubbed as Concave’s lightest cleat yet. The Concave Volt+ FG soccer cleat has been specially designed for speed and power. Sporting several technological innovations starting with the upper, the model sports a microfiber material which is engineered to be soft and lightweight leaving a genuinely barefoot feel for players.
- While the lightweight upper used caters to the cleat’s speed, an innovation geared towards power is Concave’s Powerstrike technology. This feature allows for more surface area and creates a concave shape when striking the ball. This characteristic gives way to a more considerable striking power.
- A central lacing system has been integrated into the upper to provide a more customized fit for the players.
- The outsole construction of this model is created from Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)-injected material which is a usual element among soccer cleats. This is because the material is well-known for traction on firm ground courts. The stud configuration consists of twelve oval-shaped studs placed in the forefoot and heel area.
The Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat delivers a comfortable fit given that that enough break-in time was allotted for the cleat. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 7.5 to 12. A central lacing system is integrated into the upper to further the shoe’s fit. This is similar to the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground soccer cleats. The pair fits true to size.
Constructed out of a TPU-injected material, the outsole of the Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat has a stud configuration designed for maximum traction in firm ground courts. There are a total of twelve oval-shaped studs integrated into the soleplate with four studs in the heel area and eight peppered in the forefoot.
The upper of the Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat has been created with Microfiber material that not only brings softness to players but also delivers durability, and a lightweight feel.
This soccer cleat is designed with a traditional lacing system to allow for a more customized fit.
Concave’s Powerstrike technology has been incorporated into all of the brand’s soccer cleat construction; a feature that lends way to power and shooting accuracy. The brand achieved this by allowing for a larger striking area, unlike the average soccer cleat. The construction involves a small part that bends inwards when striking the ball which forms into a concave shape, a name apt for the model.
- The Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat is available in several colorways including lime/ black, red/ silver, silver/ blue, black/ gold and white/ pink.
- The shoe weighs at 7.5 ounces.